Post Thanks / Like
    Well I made a classic mistake of putting KSG on a little too thick. Now that it`s completely dry, it`s requires a good bit of elbow grease to remove..too much. I tried a little megs quick detailer spray along with my mf and the KSG came off with zero effort. I`m wondering if using this qd wiped off the layer of KSG on the paint that I wanted to stay there..did I just lose all my protection? Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    No, the QD won`t remove your KSG. Many people have suggested spraying some QD to aid with the wax removal process. Now you know how thin KSG should be applied Remember, layering thin layers of wax is absolutely better (shine, durability) than one thick layer (as you have seen).

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using KSG for months with great results, dunno what the heck I was doing this time, but I just went nuts apparently, it was way too thick.

I think I may top the KSG with liquid souveran..have ppl tried this and what were the results?

Post Thanks / Like
    you know, im a little late on this thread - but It seems the ideal combo is souveran over aio. In other threads, people have commented that carnubas do not go well over KSG. Having AIO/KSG and SOUVERAN myself, I have not tried the souveran over KSG. I either do AIO and paste souveran or aio and then sg, depending on what the customer would prefer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdizzle
    you know, im a little late on this thread - but It seems the ideal combo is souveran over aio. In other threads, people have commented that carnubas do not go well over KSG. Having AIO/KSG and SOUVERAN myself, I have not tried the souveran over KSG. I either do AIO and paste souveran or aio and then sg, depending on what the customer would prefer.

In my experience, pure carnaubas go great over SG...the problem arises when there is an attempt to put SG over carnauba. In fact a couple years ago, AIO --> SG --> P21S was the combo to use. I personally have tried S100, original Natty`s, Souveran, Paste Glaz, #16, and #26 over SG without any problems - Just kinda sucks that once you throw on the wax, you can`t add another layer of SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA
    In fact a couple years ago, AIO --> SG --> P21S was the combo to use.

This is exactly what I have been planning to use on my new car (based on the Autopia how-to articles).

Will this still get good results? Or is it just a dated process?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO-->SG-->P21S/S100 is still a great combo that will produce an incredible deep/wet shine.

However, it is just not the "flavor of the month" anymore.

People here at Autopia tend to be fanactical and obsessive about trying out new products and combinations of products. Even if they like the look of the products they are currently using they are always tweaking their process in the search for the elusive "holy grail" of the perfect detailing combination of products and procedure. They might like what they are using - but they always have a nagging impulse that there is something better out there if they just keep experimenting.

I don`t think you will find many Autopians saying they were unhappy/dissatisfied with the AIO/SG/P21S combo. Most of them have just tried it and moved on to other newer/different combos.

By the way if you are thinking of trying this combo yourself, you can save yourself $15.00-16.00 by using S100 wax instead of P21S. S100 is indentical to P21S (same wax, same manufacturer) - except its marketed to motorcycle owners and is sold for about $15.00 instead of $30.00 like P21S. S100 also has the added virtue of being available at local Harley Davidson dealerships - whereas P21S has to be ordered online for most folks.

Thread Information