Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for something to use for a base for Zaino. I`ve had Z2 on my truck for over 6 years now with 1 good cleaning in between with Meguiars Body Scrub and a few clayings in between. Plan is to clay it, then use the cleaner/polish to remove some microswirls (very hard to see even at night under fluorescent. Main goal is to clean, maybe polish the paint a tad. I thought 3M Machine Glaze would be good, but it has fillers apparently and isn`t much of a cleaner. Body Scrub was great but didn`t have much polishing action. I have some ZPC but it seems that is pretty agressive from what I have read. I`d prefer OTC and this will be used on a rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    PO106ff. Its a light polish that has an initial cut but breaks down after that leaving a nice finish. a quick wipe down of the surface with some alcohal promises a clean Zaino ready finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Polish. From what I hear, it is a joy via rotary and leaves a great finish. I use it via PC and I was blown away by it the first time I tried it(updated version).

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z-PC.

PO106FF has plenty of lubricating oils and mild fillers in it. If you do use it, wipe down with IPA prior to Zaino Z2 application.

Post Thanks / Like
    3M machine glaze is non-filling and will remove micro-marring.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure if another polish exists that cleans as well as ZPC-maybe AIO

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since you guys are saying zpc isn`t that harsh, its what I`ll go with. Bonus is it`s know to work with Z2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    Zaino Z-PC.

PO106FF has plenty of lubricating oils and mild fillers in it. If you do use it, wipe down with IPA prior to Zaino Z2 application.

No fillers at all in my experience. Are you talking true 106FF or the Blackfire stuff?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    No fillers at all in my experience. Are you talking true 106FF or the Blackfire stuff?

*Both*.

I have had a couple bonding issues and a couple filling issues in the past. It`s very rare, being 1 or 2 out of 40 cars, but still, it leaves me skeptical.

From now on, I`ve done one of two things, used Z-PC as a finisher and/or done an IPA wipedown before sealing...These two, will not lie .

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting as that hasn`t been my experience at all.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    What about #80?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    What about #80?
    Its loaded with oils, no? (I think all the Mirror Glaze paint polishes are)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueM3
    Its loaded with oils, no? (I think all the Mirror Glaze paint polishes are)

How does ZPC compare with 3M Machine Glaze in the cleaning dept?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    *Both*.

I have had a couple bonding issues and a couple filling issues in the past. It`s very rare, being 1 or 2 out of 40 cars, but still, it leaves me skeptical.

From now on, I`ve done one of two things, used Z-PC as a finisher and/or done an IPA wipedown before sealing...These two, will not lie .

I say you`re full of crap you Zaino Nazi!...

J/K

No, but I do think that any polish leaves something behind. If it didn`t then most polishes wouldn`t finsih the way they do. I see Zaino`s Z-PC no different. Every polish I have used has filled light trails to some extent, and I go on money spending binges sometimes just to try things out. Plan on purchasing some Z-PC to back up my claim.

Explanation as to why Z-PC doesn`t fill any light trails or what not? I know Zaino`s breed of products have a totally different way of performaing than most.

Joy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyriiide1113
    I say you`re full of crap you Zaino Nazi!...

J/K

No, but I do think that any polish leaves something behind. If it didn`t then most polishes wouldn`t finsih the way they do. I see Zaino`s Z-PC no different. Every polish I have used has filled light trails to some extent, and I go on money spending binges sometimes just to try things out. Plan on purchasing some Z-PC to back up my claim.

Explanation as to why Z-PC doesn`t fill any light trails or what not? I know Zaino`s breed of products have a totally different way of performaing than most.

Joy

:lol

The way Sal explained Z-PC to me is that it`s the only *water-based* polish out there. There is a test to back-up this claim versus other polishes (maybe a little product in a dish and some water, then try to mix them?), but I`m not entirely certain of it.

FWIW, I have tested a panel under halogens after being buffed with Z-PC. I just wiped one area down with a dry MF, the other with IPA and a MF, either side looked the same.

In the end, many have different experiences of different products, so sometimes it`s best to try it out on your own. Hey, look at SpoiledMan and I. Both of us do our fair share of detailing, I`ve had some problems with 106ff, he has had none.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information