Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Have I found the ultimate MF towel and Pad cleaner? I have been search for a good APC for MF towels and hand washing my DA Pads. Well I kept the search going until I found this. Oil Eater Cleaner / Degreaser. oileater.com or

http://www.iscsales.com/store.asp?pg=products&grp=1172

I wash my used MF towels in washing machine with about 4 oz. of OECD. They came out soft from dryer. When I placed the MF towels in No-rinse solution it just sank straight to the bottom. They had been floating till I dunk them into the no-Rinse. They held so much more water and the drying MF quickly absorbed the excess water. When I clean my DA pads all the oil and greases left behind from other APC`s came out. Big difference. Try some, i think you`ll like it. IMHO ZOOM-ZOOM.... Thanks to Rick at KAFKO (Oil Eater)....
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be nervous it would mess up the backing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to see a MSDS on the product if you could get them to supply you with one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it... Has Sodium metasilicate - pentahydrate <5% by WT and

2 Butoxyethanol <5% by WT... Did not hurt my pads....
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s cool - shame we can`t find the same kind of product in the UK...

Has anyone had any luck with Simple Green? - supposed to be a pretty good degreaser...

I`ve just had my MF towels `die` on me - don`t absorb anything - I think I washed them with my pads (which I don`t normally).

I`ve tried

- 60 degree C wash with laundry detergent

- 60 degree C wash with white vinegar

- 60 degree C wash with laundry detergent and vinegar in the rinse cycle

The Pakshaks have come back to me, not 100%, but the cheap wheel cleaning towels are officially dead (long may they work grease duty in the kitchen)...
    --Tosh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tyusaf
    ......I`ve just had my MF towels `die` on me - don`t absorb anything - I think I washed them with my pads (which I don`t normally).......
    Try boiling them for about 10 minutes in a large pot of water and then washing them again. That advice was actually given out by a MF vendor (I can`t remember who) a while back. If they are already dead you don`t have anything to loose, but the colors may fade/bleed a little.

If you try that be sure to report back if it works..... I haven`t had to resort to doing that yet.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    it was Adam from adampolishes.com who suggested the boiling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    it was Adam from adampolishes.com who suggested the boiling.
    That`s right, and didn`t he say he was told that from one of the MF manufacturers?

Anyway, I wouldn`t throw a new Pakshak towel in boiling water, but if I had some that were dead I think I might give it a try.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Oil Eater for general cleaning (diluting with water where needed). You can get it for a good price at the local Costco.

I have rinsed my dirty pads in a bucket with this product and it had no detrimental effect.

Toto
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll use a hot water cycle on the wash machine when the MF towels are extra dirty. I`ve had good luck with that...it really liberates the stubborn stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup I use this stuff all the time for cleaning pads and using as a general APC with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    about the hot water boiling thing - autogeek`s people seem to think that super hot temps will melt the mf fibers - which is why i was thrown off when adam`s recomended boiling them. my stuff is to new to even consider doing somthing like that.

iv had good luck the DP polishing pad rejuvinator for my lc pads and microrestore for my microfiber with a warm wash/2x cold rinse on delicate setting.

left over product and stains come out every time, mf`s feel like new

this is probably old news, just had to give my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the advise guys - I`ve heard about the boiling method, but no-one has actually reported on it`s success.

I think I`ll

- hit them with some super degreaser

- dawn wash (well, it`s called ````` over here)

- boil with some vinegar

- tumble dry on low

Some of my microfibres feel like newspaper - really rough - and don`t absorb a thing - I`ll report back in a few days and see what worked.

There is conflicting advise over boiling - but I was told/read that MFs go though a 280 deg C pressure cooker process in their manufacture. A quick boil shouldn`t be a problem after that kind of abuse.

Anyway, if this doesn`t work, I was going to try either the CG Microfiber Plus wash, or Pakshak Rejuvinator - they`re the only ones which are easily available over here.

Cheers all

ps. I`m sure throwing in the towels with some seriously abused pads (half a BMW with Menzerna) ruined the MFs in the first place. YMMV
    --Tosh

Post Thanks / Like
    tyusaf Try some Meguiar`s Super degreaser. Works very well on cleaning mf towels and pads. Wash pads by hand!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tyusaf

There is conflicting advise over boiling - but I was told/read that MFs go though a 280 deg C pressure cooker process in their manufacture. A quick boil shouldn`t be a problem after that kind of abuse.

thats news to me - cool. nice to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information