Thread: Extractor

Post Thanks / Like
    I have researched as much as I can. It is either the Mytee hp60 with heat or the Century 400 sensei with heat. The only difference I can see is that the Mytee has one plug and the Century has 2. They both are about the same price. Would you recommend one over the other? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you look into the Aztec`s at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking for something bigger than the aztec.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this question in the wrong section? I am new to this board so I am unfamiliar. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg i recall see some post maybe in the beginning of the year or last year or so just use the search feature although it might not answer your ???...

by the way i dont own any extractors yet but have search like your self......

if i may offer some insight....Mytee is a very good machine the HQ is in San Diego which is close to me...from what i heard they offer private labeling so some out there maybe relabeled...as far as some reviews on what i hear you cant go wrong with either but when the time comes for me to purchase one i will go with the Mytee.....also check out local dealer.repair center because sometime they can price match your online price even if not they can offer you a better warranty then a online store think about that next time when you have to take it in for warranty and you order it online and have to reship it v walking in to your local dealer who may not charge you or charge you for just a part....

.food for thought hope this helps some what

let us know what you decide and how well it works for you
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg, I have 8 years as a certified carpet, upholstry, fabrich, water damage, fire damage, and odor control tech.

I have a mytee hp100.

Another excelent on is the Hot One by details plus out of portland.

The key thing with the Mytee is to get a decent suction hose, Find a local carpet cleaner supplier or order online 15 feet of prochems replacement hose. It will not seperate when tight bends are made like the mytee stock hose. For that matter every portable hose.

I prefer the hp100 because of the larger heaters, On the Hp60 spyder the heaters get taxed at full tilt all the time. Once the hp100 is heated it is not nearly as taxing on the heaters.

Since your moving up into a HWE that puts out consistant water over 140* I strongly urge you to find chemicals made for hot water usage. They will significantly increase your productivity and cleaning power, while requiring lest actuall phisical work time for you. Generally chemicals are made either to work under 140* or over 150*.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the replies. Yo have been very helpful. I will look into the Hp100. I will also look into local retailers. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    Greg, I have 8 years as a certified carpet, upholstry, fabrich, water damage, fire damage, and odor control tech.

I have a mytee hp100.

Another excelent on is the Hot One by details plus out of portland.

The key thing with the Mytee is to get a decent suction hose, Find a local carpet cleaner supplier or order online 15 feet of prochems replacement hose. It will not seperate when tight bends are made like the mytee stock hose. For that matter every portable hose.

I prefer the hp100 because of the larger heaters, On the Hp60 spyder the heaters get taxed at full tilt all the time. Once the hp100 is heated it is not nearly as taxing on the heaters.

Since your moving up into a HWE that puts out consistant water over 140* I strongly urge you to find chemicals made for hot water usage. They will significantly increase your productivity and cleaning power, while requiring lest actuall phisical work time for you. Generally chemicals are made either to work under 140* or over 150*.

Looked `em up and both the HP60 and the HP100 have 1200 watt inline heaters...so I think they are the same in that regard. And they have the same lift. I think the main difference is the water capacity. All I know is that 100 is a massive machine - when I get another one it will probably be the 60...I have a Mytee lite II which is perfect since I`m mobile (and even with this smaller machine, I actually blow people`s fuses from time to time when I`m not running my generator). But their all good.

Try the detailsupplyoutlet...I buy all my chemicals from them and I think they sell a ton of these things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you rag you are correct, The mytee HP100 grand prix II and hp60 spyder both have inline 1200 watt heaters.

I have the hp100 grand prix which has different heaters, On top of that i got the details plus extractors mixed up. My Hp100 (an Older model) has dual heaters, an in tank heater and an inline heater. I prefer this as the in tank heater can heat it to boiling, thus keep stress off the inline heater.

The python which is comparable to the mytee hp 60 spyder has

PYTHON Price - $1099

Specifications:

Body Rotational Molded High-Density Polyethylene

Solution Tank 6 Gallon Capacity

Pump 100 PSI

Vacuum Motor 3 Stage Lamb Motor

Heater Dual 600 Watt In-Line

Vacuum/Extractor Hose 15’ 0â€

Detail Tool 3†Stainless Steel

Power Cord 25’ 0â€

Switches Waterproof

Amps 20
    Versus mytee`s hp 60.

SPECIFICATIONS

VAC MOTOR: 1 3-Stage

PUMP: 100 PSI

HEATER: 1200 Watt

WATER LIFT: 137"

HOUSING: 6 gallon, poly-molded solution and recovery tanks

DIMENSIONS: 16" x 28" x 29"

WEIGHT: 78 lbs
    The HP100 grand prix II has

SPECIFICATIONS

VACUUM MOTOR: Single 3-Stage with 137" of water lift

HEATER: 1200 watt in line that provides 210 degree of heat in 8-10 minutes

PUMP: 100 PSI

TANK: 11 Gallon Solution and Recovery

POWER CORD: Single 25`

WHEELS: 8"

CASTERS: 3"

UPHOLSTERY TOOL: 3" S/S with 15` high pressure vacuum and solution hose
    The details Plus Hot One has:

HOT-ONE Price - $1595.00

HOT-ONE Price - $1595.00

Specifications:

Body Rotational Molded High-Density Polyethylene

Solution Tank 13 Gallon Capacity

Pump 150 PSI

Vacuum Motor 3 Stage Lamb Motor

Heater Dual 1200 Watt In-Line

Vacuum/Extractor Hose 20’ Hide-a-Hose

Detail Tool 3†Stainless Steel w/Window

Power Cord 25’ 0â€

Switches Waterproof

Amps 20

As a comparison of the 4 the hotone stands out for these reasons

150 psi versus 100, this makes a huge difference in heavily soiled carpets and fabric seats.

Dual inline 1200 watt heaters, Once again less stress on the heaters, faster heating, more consistant heat.

15ft of Hida hose. What is hida hose? Hida hose is where the solution line is run through the vacuum hose, keeping it from burning you and banging against the cars.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Mytee HP60 Spyder. That things really kicks azz. It has a water lift of 137" and heats the water up to 210 degrees. The reason why some of you with the HP60`s are blowing fuses is that the machine draws 19amps from the outlet. I had my brother in law put a 20amp fuse in my original 15 amp outlet. Most home outlets are 15amps. Hasn`t blown a fuse yet. You definitely need a generator if your mobile though.
    Check out my website.

www.spalisautodetailing.com

I love feedback.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have two Century 400 Senseis. Four years, six days a week.

They require TWO 20 amp circuits.

One for the heater, one for the two stage vac.

While that is the `better` way, it may be impractical for mobile use...

Having said that, the Sensei is a real workhorse.

Any machine will require service in time. Align yourself with (and buy from) a local distributor who will support both you and the machine. They`ll have a full selection of commercial chemicals, and offer courses to make you a real professional.

Assuming that they offer several brands of portables, seek their opinion of the Mytee line.

It is a big investment, do your homework...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate all of your insight. I will be calling today for a local distributor. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

Did you find a distributor for the units? What did you end up purchasing?

Thread Information