Thread: Ridgid Shop Vac

Post Thanks / Like
    Just picked one up from home depot today and boy does it suck. Very pleased with the amount of suction it has. Literally lifts the carpet off my floor. But is there a special attachment that anyone uses for the blower? Maybe like almost a pencil tip attachment when getting between the crevice? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use the ridgid vacs in my shop. They work well, but you have to change the hose to a professional style hose, it will increase suction even more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they supply the professional one at home depot?

Post Thanks / Like
    i bought mine from home depot with the long orange hose(lost a bit of suction cause its really long) and i also bought some new tips for vents, crevices, etc. but i had to buy an adapter to fit them to the hose. about it "sucking", i bought the 16 gallon one and when i was using it on my friends jeep i saw a coozie(spell) on the floor so i picked it up with the vac to bring it up to my hand and before i knew it the vac sucked the damn thing up. lol i couldnt believe the power of it. i cant just vaccum a floor mat when i take them out of the car, i have to stand on it or it will lift the mat. it rocks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ikon
    Just picked one up from home depot today and boy does it suck. Very pleased with the amount of suction it has. Literally lifts the carpet off my floor. But is there a special attachment that anyone uses for the blower? Maybe like almost a pencil tip attachment when getting between the crevice? Thanks.

Do you have the one with the separate blower attatchment? Regardless, I know they have a tip for the blower. The "pencil-tip" one you are talking about I have seen packaged with some of the vacs. There was a nozzle labeled as a blower nozzle but it had a wide tip, almost like a smaller utility nozzle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those Ridgid vacs are the best. We use them for work as well (construction) and it`ll suck up anything and everything =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02 SC Frontier
    Do you have the one with the separate blower attatchment? Regardless, I know they have a tip for the blower. The "pencil-tip" one you are talking about I have seen packaged with some of the vacs. There was a nozzle labeled as a blower nozzle but it had a wide tip, almost like a smaller utility nozzle.

I have the 12 gallon 5hp. Cost about 69.95 at home depot and i didnt see any pencil tips anywhere. I dunno maybe i just wasnt looking hard enough. But if anyone knows of such attachments let me in on the news because i have lots of places where water gets stuck and a towel wont cut it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the 6.5hp one for $179.99 at Home Depot, then went to Lee Valley Woodworking, and bought their 20` Smooth-Lined hose.....

I`ve been standing on floormats since day one, I didn`t know there was any other way! :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like my Ridgid 6.5 h.p. vacuum also. I`ve owned/still own Craftsman`s best and Shop Vac`s best vacuums. In my experience the Ridgid does a better job and was MUCH quieter than either of the other two brands I mentioned. The very first time I used it was to suck over 500 gallons of water out of the basement of a new home. That was two years ago and I`ve never looked back. I used it through the construction phase of building a new home. It`s sucked up sheet rock/tape dust, saw dust, nails, wire, screws and many other things it probably shouldn`t have. I`ve used mine hard but clean it up from time to time. It looks and performs as if it were new. The filters are a little on the expensive side but other than that no complaints. I purchased Mr. Nozzle`s hose and accessory kit and like it even better. Here`s a link to their kits. The second one on the page I can recommend without hesitation.

http://www.mrnozzleinc.com/home_vactool.htm
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the posts guys. I`ve been thinking of picking one of these up...now I think it`s about time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by walnuts
    Thanks for the posts guys. I`ve been thinking of picking one of these up...now I think it`s about time.

You`ll be happy you did. I personally think its a great investment. Cmon it sucks and blows. :chuckle: What could be better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got the 4gallon and I love it!

Greg
    :usa

Thread Information