Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I had the chance to put a coat wax (Nattys Blue) on my black 350Z and before doing so I went through some old products that I had laying around. I have had a bottle of Megs #7 that I rarely use because I found it so fincky to use.

I decided to test it on a single panel before doing the whole car. I figured I would not let #7 completely dry before removing and would remove it by skinning it with a soft MF towel.

After doing a single panel I was very impressed with how it looked on black. I then followed with Nattys Blue and was pretty stunned with the results. The reflections were fantastic and the depth was outstanding. It look alittle longer working with the #7 but it was a nice day and the results paid off.

I just love going back and using products that you completely forgot about :spot
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I have said several times pure polishes are the most underutilized product that gives stunning results. Meg. 3, 5, or 7....They all can be used without effecting your LSP. Yeh it doesn`t last long but some eyes will turn while it on!!! Also as Pat used it prior to lsp.....Use it before PS and see what happens!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried out #7 on my trunk deck and was happy with the results. The directions say to apply #7 then wipe off dont let it dry. Some people may layer it too heavy or let it dry thats why they find it hard to work with..

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics Pat?!?!?!?!?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats funny you brought this up today. Just yesterday I was going to shine up the Grand Prix and realized I was out of Klasse AIO

So I dug out a bottle of #7 I had and used it. I was very impressed wit the way te car came out.

Steve
    www.ChicagoCEG.com

Chicago Car Enthusiasts Group

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently detailed a red 2006 Corvette. the process was wash, clay, meguiar`s #3 twice then two coats of NXT. It came out sweeter than sugar!

Post Thanks / Like
    whats a good topper after #7. i`ve got some top of the line pizzazz, authentic soft titanium, megs gold class, NXT, automagic banana, and i think thats it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Ikon, Try the megs gold class or NXT. I think you will like that finish. If you have time do #7 X 2...I like paste wax the best.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bottle yet unopened, but I plan on using it very soon (I`m thinking UPPx2 - #7 - S100 right now).

Pat, what do you mean `skinning` when you buffed the #7?

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars #7 is one of the best products out there in my opionion for delivering excellent deep and wet looking finishes - its an excellent product if used correctly. When I do PC and detailing demonstrations for people, I always take Meguiats #7 with me and people are always amazed with with the way it deepens the colour and makes the shine come out - espeically on dark colours such as black and red.

Here`s a link to a recent demo I did for the PC at the weekend for a couple guys on black cars, I also showed them Meguiars #7: http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77438 ... One of the guys was so impressued with it, he went home that night and ordered a bottle.

Good old Meguiars #7 - heavily underrated this product, but for me definitely one that will always be in my detailing collection. :waxing:
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmac
    I have a bottle yet unopened, but I plan on using it very soon (I`m thinking UPPx2 - #7 - S100 right now).

Pat, what do you mean `skinning` when you buffed the #7?

Jasonmac...

Basically I dug up an old thread from Mike Phillips at MOL where he describes the proper way to use #7. Mike said to not try and remove all of the #7 in one pass. By removing part of the layer it allows the layer underneath to dry. I found this the easiest way as opposed to removing the polish all at once.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s has another glaze product that has not been mentioned, #81. It is easier to work with and was designed for use on clear coat paint whereas #7 was designed for single stage paint. #81 is a tad bit easier to work with and leaves that wet "just dipped in a bucket of paint" look. I still use both but when my #7 is gone I`ll probably stick with #81. Both are great under carnauba and in the case of NXT Tech Wax, good under that polymer sealant.

In the past when I was showing my MR2, I`d apply #7 over the LSP just before the show. Of course it doesn`t last as a topper but for the day of the show it gleams. It doesn`t remove the LSP in case you were wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, how did you get your 2 as your little picture thingy. i wanna show mines off too. but i cant because yours blows mine away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ikon
    Jim, how did you get your 2 as your little picture thingy. i wanna show mines off too. but i cant because yours blows mine away.

Thanks for the compliment but I`ve seen your 2 and it looks great.

The "little picture thingy" is called an avatar and you can add one in your User Control Panel. Choose Edit Avatar. It must be no larger than 100 by 100 pixels or 7.6 KB in size. I used Photoshop to downsize an image.

If you need help making one send me a PM and I`ll try to help help you. I`m not all that good at Photoshop though. I`m sure lots of others here would also offer to help make an avatar if you need it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information