Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So I decided to try out this wax after hearing about it in a couple of forums, but I was very dissapointed. On the instructions it says that I have let the wax "haze" prior to removing it. So after applying it to the fender, and I allowed 20-30 seconds atleast and then tried to remove it.

The wax had almost turned to cement, it was VERY hard to remove, not only that after removal there was alot of streaking left. I finally gave up on this wax after I gave it another shot on the hood, applyin as thin as I could, same result. Instead of all this I just went over the car with Aquawax.

Has anyone else had the same experience with this wax? Im gonna go to car quest and try to get a refund, hopefully they will take it back

Post Thanks / Like
    Forget 104 use 105. with 105 you will be more then happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I was looking for 105, but they only had 111 and something else I forgot...but no 105..

Still..104 paste wax was horrible to say the least.. Didnt expect this from duragloss

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure 20-30 seconds is quite enough to actually let the wax haze. Unless you`re in blazing sunlight, I`d wait about 10 minutes for it. I`ve tried 104, waited 10 minutes and had no problems removing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roadmater...was the 104 like a paste wax or more like a creme type wax....reason asking I have used 104..it was cremey like mayonaise....and I did a friends GTI with it...and it came off no problem..I did not do it in the sun..and car was cool in the shade...

one other thing....Warning....I found that buying from the Duragloss site ensures fresh products...the exception is 105 as it is new..I bought some 111 from Napa in April to do a friends car...they did not have it in stock..had to get from warehouse...It came next day at the store..when I got it the box looked old and dusty...the contents was not like I have gotten before...I called Duragloss and explained the product and the box..it had a free bug and tar cleaner and a sample of the shampoo..he asked for a number off the box..I was told it was a three year old product and was spoiled...and I was shipped a fresh one that day...so stores that do not move the product fast have old stock...

So best the buy from them and get fresh....

Now if I need some thing I will order it...in the sealant products...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    So your saying that I should wait atleast 10mintues? Im gonna have to try that when I get home. Hopefully I was wrong about this wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    Roadmater...was the 104 like a paste wax or more like a creme type wax....reason asking I have used 104..it was cremey like mayonaise....and I did a friends GTI with it...and it came off no problem..I did not do it in the sun..and car was cool in the shade...

one other thing....Warning....I found that buying from the Duragloss site ensures fresh products...the exception is 105 as it is new..I bought some 111 from Napa in April to do a friends car...they did not have it in stock..had to get from warehouse...It came next day at the store..when I got it the box looked old and dusty...the contents was not like I have gotten before...I called Duragloss and explained the product and the box..it had a free bug and tar cleaner and a sample of the shampoo..he asked for a number off the box..I was told it was a three year old product and was spoiled...and I was shipped a fresh one that day...so stores that do not move the product fast have old stock...

So best the buy from them and get fresh....

Now if I need some thing I will order it...in the sealant products...

AL

Yea, the wax was almost like mayo. I applied a thin layer and it just stuck like glue. How long did you have to wait before you buffed it out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster_Tx
    So your saying that I should wait atleast 10mintues? Im gonna have to try that when I get home. Hopefully I was wrong about this wax.

I`m not saying that 10 minutes is THE "right" amount of time to wait. I`m saying that I waited 10 minutes and it worked fine for me. I was working in a garge with a car that hadn`t been in the sun in at least 24 hours, so no surface heat. The garage temp was about 85. I applied with a finishing pad on my PC with the setting about 3-4. I removed with an excel erasure mf. Removal wasn`t necessarily a breeze like I find with CMW or NB, but it was by no means as difficult as you described.

If it makes any difference, the finish was prepped with pre-VOC AIO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache
    I`m not saying that 10 minutes is THE "right" amount of time to wait. I`m saying that I waited 10 minutes and it worked fine for me. I was working in a garge with a car that hadn`t been in the sun in at least 24 hours, so no surface heat. The garage temp was about 85. I applied with a finishing pad on my PC with the setting about 3-4. I removed with an excel erasure mf. Removal wasn`t necessarily a breeze like I find with CMW or NB, but it was by no means as difficult as you described.

If it makes any difference, the finish was prepped with pre-VOC AIO.

Ill defintely give it a try, wait atleast 10minutes give or take. If not..I hope I can get my money back from Car Quest

Post Thanks / Like
    Roadmaster...

I waited about 10 minutes...then wiped off...if i came to a stubborn spot I used the DG fast clean and shine to help remove it..I will say it does come off easy..but not as easy as some other waxes...the DG sealants 111 and 105 just about fall off when they dry or haze..so easy to remove....

But if you have a hard time removing it..try using a QD to help take it off...will not harm it

On the plus side..it does look nice in the final results....

one other thing..take a pencil or popsicle stick to stir it up..in case it seperated a little..never know...worth a try...

also they do offer a satisfaction guarantee...if not happy..keep in mind...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    Forget 104 use 105. with 105 you will be more then happy.

Agreed. I even got that impression when I talked to one of the brothers at Duragloss awhile back when they were introducing 105.

105 is amazing.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    After you see what 3 coats of 105 on top of the bonding agent, then toped with Aquawax looks like... it doesnt matter what their other products are like.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like Im gonna have to find some 105 on my side of town, but Im gonna give 104 a try again when I get home, let it "haze" for a longer then what I initially had. If not hopefully I can get a refund or try another prodcut

Post Thanks / Like
    So I decided to try out this wax after hearing about it in a couple of forums, but I was very dissapointed. On the instructions it says that I have let the wax "haze" prior to removing it. So after applying it to the fender, and I allowed 20-30 seconds atleast and then tried to remove it.

The wax had almost turned to cement, it was VERY hard to remove, not only that after removal there was alot of streaking left. I finally gave up on this wax after I gave it another shot on the hood, applyin as thin as I could, same result. Instead of all this I just went over the car with Aquawax.

Has anyone else had the same experience with this wax? Im gonna go to car quest and try to get a refund, hopefully they will take it back

Also what was the temperature outside? If the vehicle wasnt cooled down and in the shade, it could have baked the product to the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like Im gonna have to find some 105 on my side of town, but Im gonna give 104 a try again when I get home, let it "haze" for a longer then what I initially had. If not hopefully I can get a refund or try another prodcut

the 105 IS the way to go....very nice product..and a great look....here is a pic of the 105 on my truck...hood shot....

that was done in July..with 601 and 105..1 coat...i now have 3 on ..

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information