Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I am trying to see a bunch of different mobile detailing trailer setups and figure out the pros and cons of each. What do you have and how do you like it?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t be shy. :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump, I can`t stop thinking about how I will set my trailer up next year.. I also have one question for you mobile guys; how do you stop your bottles from falling over when driving?

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally wasn`t agreable with the whole trailer setup; instead I choose to put everything in the back of my Tundra with a shell to prevent theft. I didn`t like the idea of towing a trailer around the city (San Diego) and theft would be more of an issue.

Here is a picture of my detailing setup withough my chemicals and polishes. I have a 90 gallon water tank, reclaim system (mostly to CMA), and pressure washer as you can see. Note that I use 3 or 4 stackable milk crates to put my poducts in and place them in the open area of the my bed as you see here.

My towels and buffing pads go in rubber-maid containers in the back seat, along with my Mytee extractor and small vacuum. I really like everything about the setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could save a lot of space by going with a no-rinse wash, but I personally hate washing this way - people expect me to wash their cars without marring, and it`s a lot harder to do without washing the loose dirt off first. I also LOVE the pressure washer for cleaning matts - this thing gets them clean through and through. I then follow-up with my extractor to get them all the way dry, but the pressure washer does a much better job cleaning them than the hot water extractor alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    my partner has pretty much the same setup as you rag in his tundra, i got rid of my water tank and switched to no rinse. as far as an extremely dirty surface is concerned i usually presoak filthy parts of the vehicle in 50/50 water vinegar. havent washed every car ive used no rinse on in the sun but the ones i have have induced very little if any marring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven`t taken pictures of mine, since I still haven`t found a storage solution to hold all of my supplies... I guess I gotta start deciding on what products to use! haha!

My setup is a 1991 GMC Vandura Shorty.

225gal water tank, Honda 5500w Generator, Kercher pressure washer w/50` hose, Ridgid Shopvac with a 20` hose, 7` Ladder, 2` step ladder, 4 milk crates of polishes/cleaners, and 2 bins with MF Towels, Foam Pads, and my Makita 9227 and PorterCable polishers

I gotta get organized!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be going with a van. full size 2 seat.

behind the passengers seat i will mount in my HWE, facing forward. I will plumb in a flexible drain hose.

up against the drivers wall rear i will have a chemical rack

up against the passenger wall rear i will have a storage rack with spots for bins and towels.

up against the drivers side front will be generator, and air compressor.

Center rear will be medium 1.5 inch hose reel enough for 2 25ft sections of suction hose

center rear attached to the large hose reel will be the solution hose for the hwe.

passenger cargo door will carry my water hose from the faucets.

inside the passenger cargo door my 100g fresh water tank will go across the middle to the driver side.

That`s the plan. Same layout i used for all of my carpet cleaning vans. minus the truckmount add in the portable,generator and air compressor.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    not a trailer but here is my current set up

It has taken me a bit to get to a point where i feel comfortable to load it all into my tahoe.

I feel like i am ready.

6 blue and white bins containing:

1 containing compounds, polishes and dressings

1 containing all spray bottles, distilled water and alcohol.

1 containing all Pads, brushes, tapes waxes, clay and vacuum tools

1 containing all carpet cleaning products

1 containing hoses and tools for hot water extractor.

1 containing extra bits and pieces for all tools.

4 bins of MF towels, 2 larger for cheaper yellow towels. 2 smaller for paint and drying towels.

2 white buckets for dirty towels,

1 wash bucket.

my halogen lamp, my Hose and my 4 plug outlet.

To be added yet are 4 small blowers.

my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and a friend of mine (the guy I got into doing aircraft with) are looking into a 12` enclosed trailer. We figure that an enclosed trailer will cut down on theft and provide a really good appearance. We`re planning on putting a power distribution block in it (all of our clients have 110v on site) then running an electric pressure washer with a 300 gallon tank off of it. Then we`ll build racks for all the bottles and shopvac accessories, etc.

I`d have diffirent concerns if I was building a trailer to do cars with - I`d be a lot more worried about carrying an extractor and a pair of tents, and a lot less worried about water capacity.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    Me and a friend of mine (the guy I got into doing aircraft with) are looking into a 12` enclosed trailer. We figure that an enclosed trailer will cut down on theft and provide a really good appearance. We`re planning on putting a power distribution block in it (all of our clients have 110v on site) then running an electric pressure washer with a 300 gallon tank off of it. Then we`ll build racks for all the bottles and shopvac accessories, etc.

I`d have diffirent concerns if I was building a trailer to do cars with - I`d be a lot more worried about carrying an extractor and a pair of tents, and a lot less worried about water capacity.

Make sure you get a Karcher. I`ve had mine for 5 months an use it everyday and all day. Still working fine. Make sure you get an extension hose for that the 20 footer sucks. It also draws water from a standing source like a tank. 1500 psi is more than enough for cars. Plus you don`t have to use gas. It also runs only when you pull the trigger meaning you can leave it on unlike a gas pressure washer.

I have yet to have any clients not have power that my 75 foot cord couldn`t reach!

Greates thing ever invented....

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...8993_200318993

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I am trying to see a bunch of different mobile detailing trailer setups.
    heres a few shots of my trailer.

i installed a sheet of stainless steel for my sign on the rear.

i like using an open trailer as its easier to work out of rather a van or enclosed trailer.

5x8 trailer

honda 3000 psi pressure washer

6250 watt generator

air compressor

100 gal. tank

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres My Trailer Custom Made About 5 Grand Invested

.: Auto Detailing Trailers :.
    PAUL GRODITSKI

SILVER SPOON DETAILING

WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA

Post Thanks / Like