Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having a bad foam gun experience. I don`t think its my foam gun at all. Even with alot of duragloss soap in it with it set on 12oz on the gun dial. I am not getting great foam.

Its becuase I have a horribly slow water pressure from my hose. Are there any little gadget add-ons that i can get from the garden sections in home improvement stores, that can give me added pressure or maximize my water pressure?

I don`t wanna buy a whole pressure washer and all. Just some thing to connect to my fossit and the like to add pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    tough one. I can not think of anything off the top of my head. Are you city or well water? If it`s well possibly upgrade your pump. if your city, i don`t know that you`d be able to supply enough water to a pressure washer with out a tank, If it is as slow as you say.

I`d look on craigslist for a kracher 1200 psi pressure washer. see if you can pick one of them up dirt cheap.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you have hard water that doesnt help...i have a a buddy who has a water softner system and when i wash my vehicle the soap suds up alot more then my house.....also did you have this problem before using the house.....by the way im not sure what type of hose your using but dont use those coil type thin hose i tried it and return it right away it didnt produce enough pressure v. your standard hose..this probably might not help..just throwing a rock in the pond
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with using a pressure washer is if you don`t have enough pressure from the house it will burn out the pressure washer. I just added a new faucet to the outside of my house and it has awesome pressure over what I did have. I used 3/4" copper tubbing over the 1/2" that was there. See what you have in your house and try and replace it with something bigger. Do you have a backflow preventer on the house faucet?

Post Thanks / Like
    When we moved into this house I quickly realized that the water pressure wasn`t satisfactory. I ended up having a booster pump/holding tank arrangement plumbed in. Not cheap, but well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Therre are many things that can cause bad water pressure. i would suggest getting a "good" plumber over to test and see what the problem is. I can be as simple a bad valve or the pressure reducer at the street is bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s more likely that you may have a water “volume problem†which is causing lower than desired “water pressureâ€.

If you’re on well water your pressure switch is probable set close to a 60-40 pressure range, turning off after building about 60 lbs of pressure in your holding tank, and back on when enough water is drawn from the tank to reduce the pressure below 40 lbs.

Most new water pressure tanks for wells are called “bladder†tanks, the water is pumped into a rubber bladder inside the tank, and when the tank is empty of water it will still contain compressed air (should be 2 lbs less than the cut on setting of your pressure switch).

Because you can’t compress water, you’ll need to have the compressed air in the tank to receive maximum “draw-down†(draw-down = the total gallons of water you will get from the tank before your pump turns back on in it’s 40-60 pressure range).

All bladder tanks will lose some of their compressed air over time, the more air they lose, the more water they will require to build enough pressure to reach the cut-off setting (60 lbs), likewise the less compressed air they have (under their cut-on setting) the less water you will get from the tank (draw-down) before the pump is turned back on.

In extreme cases where little to no compressed air is in the tank, a few drops of water released from the tank is enough to cycle the pump on, this is known as “short-cycling†and will burn-out a pump’s motor pretty quickly.

If you have city or well water, any volume restriction can impact your “pressureâ€â€the most common volume restrictors that can be found on hose bibs are devices for backflow prevention (the thing that is screwed on the end of your hose bib that acts a check valve).

They can be removed easily if the setscrew is not broken off, not so easy if it has been set.

Other volume restrictors can be:

Long runs of small diameter hose or pipe.

Bad gate values.

Dirty inline filters.

Dirty hose screens.

Bad check values.

Bad hose bib.

Anywayâ€

RET

Thread Information