Thread: Trade Secrets

Post Thanks / Like
    Trade Secrets should be here today and I order because of the statement below off their website. Has anyone tried 15 to 20 coats? Does it really deepen the color of the paint? How long should you wait between coats – I assume this a carnauba so there shouldn’t be much of wait between coats? Is this like Souveran WOWO product? Any tips or tricks?

This remarkable carnauba wax may be layered for optimal effect and durability. Show vehicles are commonly layered with 15 to 20 coats, with each layer deepening the color. You`ll never use another wax on black vehicles. Trade Secret carnauba wax will not streak or leave white residue. It will so transform your waxing process, you will look forward to applying it! Black and other dark colors will never again be a problem. Trade Secret`s white carnauba literally deepens a vehicle`s color with each layer.
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    I have over 2,304 coats on my scooter. I`m aiming for over 3,000 coats by the end of the year. My friends cousins uncles brothers man lover has over 4,000 coats on his civic.

Lorne

Post Thanks / Like
    So does that improve the looks our make it cloudy looking?

Quote Originally Posted by 96snake
    I have over 2,304 coats on my scooter. I`m aiming for over 3,000 coats by the end of the year. My friends cousins uncles brothers man lover has over 4,000 coats on his civic.

Lorne
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no scientist or anything, but I dont believe that many coats will make a difference. Peple say the same thing about Zaino and Klasse as well. Even the most well trained eyes on this forum will tell you that you eventually reach a point of diminishing returns. I put three coats of souveran on my ride once, and I thought I could tell a difference; however, that might have just been me KNOWING what I did and trying to justify the effort.

I could be wrong, but that`s what I`m thinking.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    layering seems to be a controversial topic...at least scientifically. i put on more than one coat of most sealants/waxes just to make sure i have complete coverage of the paint surface and didn`t miss anything. as far as actual layering, i have my doubts it is much more effective...quickly reaching a point of diminishing returns and is more of a mental comfort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm
    layering seems to be a controversial topic...at least scientifically. i put on more than one coat of most sealants/waxes just to make sure i have complete coverage of the paint surface and didn`t miss anything. as far as actual layering, i have my doubts it is much more effective...quickly reaching a point of diminishing returns and is more of a mental comfort.

I agree but it sure sounds good on the website. I stripped a street rod that the guy has been layering with a sealant for 6 years without stripping. What a mess -- after two washes and several IPA wipe downs the MF still dirty and the pads were dirty during the first stages of polish. He had captured dirt between the hundreds of coats of sealant and detailer spray. The color of the car even changed. To many layers of even quality products are not good.

I believe *I* can tell the difference between 1 and 2 coats of Souveran but the third is really hard for *me* to tell. Why I was so interested in TS is that people told me that they couldn`t tell the difference between one coat of TS and one coat of PS. So if TS is layerable then after several layers will it look good or better than PS? I will soon find out!

Here is the website....

http://www.topoftheline.com/toltradcarwa.html

By the way I have nothing to do with this company - I have been a souverian user for years.
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to layer but 30 layers maybe too many even for me.

I know that you know how important "polishing" is. You want to make sure to have the paint as perfect as possible before applying your wax. Maybe 5 layers of polishing and 3 layers of wax will give you a better finish.

I remember on Meguiar`s forum where the guy had lots of layers of Zaino, byt the paint was swirled up. Mike Phillips used NXT on one side of the hood and looked so much better due to prep. m2c

Post Thanks / Like
    whats the bet they tell you that so you waste product?

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of coats is one thing but that many seems like a waste of product to me?

Lorne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 96snake
    A couple of coats is one thing but that many seems like a waste of product to me?

Lorne

Anything more than 3 coats is probably a waste of time and money. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 2 coats is enough..3 if you really need to get away from the ball and chain...any more than that, you could add a wick and use it when the power goes out in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Objectivity is lost after the second coat.

Thread Information