Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I have been using Opt NRWS since it`s in the market. I`ve been following the steps autopians have recommended... Wash and dry panel by panel.

Got a qns... why can`t we dry after washing the whole car? what`s the reasons?. i tried it once... wash the whole car before i dry... i didn`t notice anything different...

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if its a you cant situation, but doing the whole car leads to it drying faster than you can get around with the drying towel in most cases....in fact, ill go out and try it tonight as the sun is setting and see if I notice a difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the wash will dry on the paint before you come back over it with a towel meaning you would have to rewash the panel/panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beason
    Sometimes the wash will dry on the paint before you come back over it with a towel meaning you would have to rewash the panel/panels.

Exactly. I can maybe do 2-3 panels at a time on a car that isn`t very dirty and not out in the sun but I tend to stick with 1-2 panels at a time.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was doing my car in the garage yesterday it was very lightly dirty (dust) and I was doing 3-4 panels at a time
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    If the car is not too dirty and the paint is fairly cool (first thing in the morning after being in the garage all night) I sometimes wash the whole car and then spray with OCW while drying each panel. Works for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for ONR. I do 1-2 panels at max. Anymore than that and it dries to fast for me.....

Also what are your thoughts on using this on anything other than a very clean car? Even on my car I rinsed the car first to get off all the debrit, then let it air dry, then went over it again with ONR. Also do you guys keep the mitt completely soaked as you put it on the paint? Or do you get it nice and soaked first, then rinse the mitt out a little bit before you let it touch the paint? (Ie so it`s still wet and contains lubrication, but you`re not taking half the buckets water with you)

Either way, I`ve had great results with the ONR I`ll be putting it to the test against the Pinnacle FoamGun + OCW soon
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    my "system"

Spray down with ONR in a 2 gallon pesticide sprayer. Loosens up the dirt.

The sprayer is handy for respraying areas that I missed. Since I`m not using

the soiled towel/mitt/sponge it keeps the paint clean after the 2nd pass and generally

keeps towel to paint time down to a minimum.

I keep a small bucket to rinse out the sponge or towel (bucket always gets filthy)

The large bucket full of no rinse with a grit guard. After drying each panel with Poorboys waffle weave I spray the panel with a cleaning quick detailer, I use FK 146.

This removes the water spots that might have set in and the 146 leaves it slick.

Instead of dumping the water in the buckets I use them to clean the wheels with the

wheel face brush. afterwards I`ll respray with Mr. pesticide sprayer around the wheel wells in case

wheel dirt made its way onto the paint during cleaning.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    If you accidentally let ONR dry while it is on the car, does it leave water spots or leave a film on the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    It should not spot if the water is not too horribly hard and does not have a change to "etch in" by being baked in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes like any liquid or detailing fluid on paint, if its not buffed out it will leave a water spot.

although personally after consistent use of FK 146 and 425 I have noticed that even after a rain fall

there are little to none of these and they seem to "melt away" in future cleanings. Very telfon like.

But its mostly down to the prep and frequent boosting with a spray wax.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Thread Information