Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally wouldn`t use an acid based wheel cleaner on tires.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    I personally wouldn`t use an acid based wheel cleaner on tires.

Same here. I actually find that my tires go brown faster(I use water based dressings) when using a strong product vs. just using soap and water. It probably isn`t good for all the natural waxes in the tire and what not, and you would be better off getting a dedicated, powerful tire cleaner(High-Temp tire cleaner).

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me fix this. I`m not saying that I have our would use it as a tire cleaner. I`m speaking more towards the transferred effect of the over spray from the wheel application. It`s NOT a good idea to use this as a tire cleaner.
    Triple Honda Owner

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioman
    Damn, another thing I must buy. A2Z works well for me, but isn`t very cost effective as I use half the bottle every wash.

I think you`d better look into a good sealant or wheel wax Bioman. I`ve done mine and only have to hit them with some car soap and they come clean. Maybe sealant, wheel wax and Michelin brake dust repellent would be in order? There is no way you should have to use half a botlle. BTW, they dropped the A2Z name didn`t they?

As for the WB, if I have to use two products no thanks. Plus two applications means a really dirty wheel to me. Have you tried the Mother`s FX or Long Haul? Both work well.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    I recall there being issues in getting WB shipped over the boarder to Canada...Can anyone confirm this?
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kenobi
    I think you`d better look into a good sealant or wheel wax Bioman. I`ve done mine and only have to hit them with some car soap and they come clean. Maybe sealant, wheel wax and Michelin brake dust repellent would be in order? There is no way you should have to use half a botlle. BTW, they dropped the A2Z name didn`t they?

As for the WB, if I have to use two products no thanks. Plus two applications means a really dirty wheel to me. Have you tried the Mother`s FX or Long Haul? Both work well.
    I have a serious brake dust issue with my car(Brembo brakes/pads). I have used waxes and sealants before, but they just dont last. When I get to wash them, there is just so much dust thats it impossible for it not to accumulate. I like to use A2Z(or whatever its called now) because I can spray it on and spray it off with a hose and it cuts the brake dust off about 70%. Much easier to clean and no need to really worry about damaging the clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a serious brake dust issue with my car(Brembo brakes/pads). I have used waxes and sealants before, but they just dont last. When I get to wash them, there is just so much dust thats it impossible for it not to accumulate. I like to use A2Z(or whatever its called now) because I can spray it on and spray it off with a hose and it cuts the brake dust off about 70%. Much easier to clean and no need to really worry about damaging the clear coat.

just get some ceramic pads. day and night difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, I could get low dust pads, but there is an obvious trade off. I would like to stop fast when I go fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, I could get low dust pads, but there is an obvious trade off. I would like to stop fast when I go fast.

I feel absolutely no trade off using ceramic pads, but then again I don`t race on public roads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ceramic pads brake better. They stay cooler and have less brake dust. :2thumbs:

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLibby04
    Ceramic pads brake better. They stay cooler and have less brake dust. :2thumbs:

I went to ceramics on my Integra and they stop worse than the stockers. :sosad They do dust less though. Trade-offs.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I bought a gallon of WB within the past year. I`ve written a bit about it. I don`t know that you`re going to want to use it as your weekly go-to cleaner. It`s very strong and I realized it was giving the wheels on my better cars a "bleached" appearance and have ceased using it.

It`s potent stuff and you should be wearing gloves when working with it.

OTOH, you end up with 5 gallons of wheel cleaner for $25 and that`s a smokin` deal if you`re working on other cars `cause the stuff kicks serious butt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    It`s potent stuff and you should be wearing gloves when working with it.

very true, i accidently spilled some on our tile floor and it left some permanent white discolored marks

i would use this stuff once a month to get the real caked on dirt, brake dust, etc.. as regular car soap and water should do...

Post Thanks / Like
    My alternate recommendation would be Griot`s wheels cleaner by the gallon. It`s still an attractive buy and far gentler than the Meg`s. The Griot`s is directly comparable to the P21S product at half the price. If money is no object, buy the P21S gel and dilute to 50%...it`s still the best wheel cleaner available and leaves a bright, clean surface unlike any of the other products I`ve used.

I`d reserve the Meg`s product for problem wheels or for use on cars you`re not overly-concerned about.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m late to the party on this thread, but...

TheMightyTimmah- Thanks for the comparison, I`ve used the TOL Wheel Wash and I thought *it* was potent! I`ll keep the WB in mind for those nasty jobs.

BTW, I had the Wheel Wash etch bare aluminum (spots where the clear/paint had been compromised) and I suppose the WB would do the same thing.

tom p.- You can cut the Griot`s too, I used it diluted before I switched to the car shampoo approach.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information