Post Thanks / Like
    down to about 4 ounces of 425, I started seriously getting stressed.

I have been placing 425 on my wheels after cleaning them with a toss-away mf.

To not do this now seems just plain wrong, hit the center of a towel with 425, get it good and saturated.

I also have dp wheel glaze on the wheels, but its almost diminished.

I have been liking another qd, #34, quite a bit more on my paint, less streaking, after washing, mainly nxt, with foamer, splash of charlies, splash of APC, splash of S100 tcc, I`ll blow dry, time permitting, I`ll wipe down with #34, second pass with 425, then roll out the panels with #34. seems to work well.

find the george foreman`s knockout window cleaner excellent. use it pre-wash solution loosens window grime. would like to find it in a 50 gallon drum.

the new BHB I bought, a bit scratchy, it`s just too easy to do a wide sweeping motion.

I washed my car once with it and feel like I need to polish, but it could possibly not be the brushes fault. Possibly the lsp, needing some attention, the nighttime road constuction around here has been fierce. yeah, that`s it, fierce.

have had wild success with RMG/FMJ, IP, not so much, FPII, nice, ScratchX, gets it for me, I can`t seem to buy a rotary or DA, still, finding less is more, this place has helped immensely. Even hunting down the correct towelage has been huge.

Still hooked on 425. Even if usage is a little less.

also, just ordered a gallon of FX-100, was thinking it might help close out some of the cobwebbing on my 10 year old street parked truck and 13 year old h-d until I can get around to some wetsanding. sorry so long, haven`t been by here in a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    Zane, I think that was a stream-of-consciousness 425 rave...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m glad i wasn`t the only one confused.

Post Thanks / Like
    my best results with FK 425 have come with FK 146 bar none, FK 146 imediately after the wash.

Get the surface nice and evenly buffed (ZERO STREAKING IF THIS IS DONE)

then a spray wax like Aqua Wax or similar let it sit for about 10 minutes while I do the wheels

and 425 over EVERYTHING, wheels, glass, paint and dash,center console.

BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbeat
    ...FK 146 imediately after the wash. Get the surface nice and evenly buffed (ZERO STREAKING IF THIS IS DONE) then a spray wax like Aqua Wax or similar let it sit for about 10 minutes while I do the wheels and 425 over EVERYTHING,

So you do three spray treatments? Kind of takes the "quick" out of "quick detailer", doesn`t it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use the sprays because they are quick necessarily, more so because I believe using sprays is less invasive then rubbing on the paint with a paste wax which I have given up on almost entirely.

As far as time I doubt it takes 15 minutes and I only do it after the wash which has been cut down to two weeks or longer thanks to FK`s antistatic ingredients. I never "quick detail" between washes.

It rained the other night and the teflon like coating of FK 146 and 425 melted away the dirt/soot to the lower rocker panels and under the front and rear bumpers. The doors, hood, trunk and panels were free of any water spots and still slick. I`m in outdoor parking Nirvana
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    well, I had heard 146 and #34 were similar, I`ll have to buy some 146 soon... actually not sure why I didn`t order it this last time? thanks for sharing your experiences with 425.

Post Thanks / Like
    fx100 comes in gallons? Last I asked I was told it will not happen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    fx100 comes in gallons? Last I asked I was told it will not happen

Yeah, last time I checked the FX100 didn`t come in a gallon size. I wanted to get some to use on my wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL thats pretty much all I got out of that!
    Always being the youngest isn`t always a bad thing...:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I had a months worth of posting stored up and it just went BLAH all over the page.

B L A H - good work to those who understood a word of it.

I`ll call FK1 tomorrow. it wouldn`t make sense for them not to sell a gallon, when it`s listed on the site that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does come in gallons now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck, why stop at a gallon, they have a 5 gallon pack, too. :getdown :chuckle:

To be honest, considering that they sell to car manufacturers and such, I wouldn`t be surprised if they have barrels available. It is good stuff, I`ve made a fair dent in the gallon I ordered earlier this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, not much to add.

218 pitched to me as an insulator wax.

Thread Information