Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone dresses their air vents? I have been using q-tips and APC to clean and just leave them. I was wondering what you use and how you clean them without streaks?

Thanks,

Andrew
    "Treat every car as if it was your own"

-Every Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I was curious if anyone else cleans their vents as well. It used to not bother me, but recently i`ve been wrapping a terry cloth around a flathead screwdriver and going at them that way. I`ve tried the q-tips before, but they just seem too small to get the job done efficiently.
    :2thumbs:

- wong

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a foam tipped brush from the painting section at and department store. Works great

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually clean with Griot`s Interior Cleaner and then dress with whatever I`d using on the rest of the interior vinyl.

I use a MF wrapped around a stick or different sizes and types of swabs. To minimize smearing, I dress them and let it sit for a while, then come back and go over it again with something absorbent to remove any excess.

I must have a dozen small sticks of various lengths, diameters, and tip-shapes that I use for stuff like this (grills come to mind).

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone try Meguiar Accent Dressing, comes in an aerosol spray. I also believe Duragloss has a similar product.

I`ve used the Meg`s product on outside black trim (on the front facia and side facia) where it was almost impossible to reach by hand and had good luck with it. I was going to use it for interiors but I have not had the occasion to use it yet, and unfortunately I don`t have access to the Meg`s Accent dressing right now. But I am planning to order either the Meg`s or Duragloss product in the near future.

But I always blow out the vents with compresses air, (LIGHTLY), and wipe down, and they always seem to look pretty good. But my interiors are never that dirty that I have to spray liquids on the vents, I would think that would leave streaks and be a PITA. And I also use a steamer to clean interior which works great for vents with the combination of compressed air. Lately, my clients are telling me they don`t want ANY SHINE on the interior, so I`m not sure they would even want the vents dressed :nixweiss .

But for my cars, and the majority of people, I think it is a great idea. If anybody has used thse products, let me know how they work on vents before I try it on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    adams in and out can be used on airvents i do believe

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a steam cleaner to clean the vents, a few short blasts and they`re pretty clean. I don`t bother dressing each of the vanes, but I do make sure to aim it in all directions and get the various different parts that get exposed at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a paint brush (or detail brush) and sometimes a spray bottle with water. If they are really bad, I can use an air hose. Air vents in certain cars can be easily removed, so if you want to get deep into the duct, you have much more room to work with. you would be surprised how dirty thery get.

Thread Information