Post Thanks / Like
    I get a few people local to me who want wash`s and as they call it a "basic wax job" rather than use all my good products mind you that add up in cost that I could be using on non "basic wax jobs" can you guys recommend something I can use as sort of a put it on with the PC fixes minor things, wipe it off with a MF has a decent shine kinda product? I was thinking about Color X? Mostly something 1 step that I can clean up a few things and just make it overall look better and not cost me alot and can get a few more customers on a repeat basis since I do this on the side 50 bucks here and there helps.

Thanks, J

Post Thanks / Like
    look up all in one by klasse, meguiars #66 quick detailer polish/wax, optimum car wax is a really good spray wax after the wash....I just got some optimum polish that I will be trying out tomorrow and get a review on

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Klasse and its not cheap when you factor in waiting time and shipping, time is money..I need basic OTC things or things I can buy in bulk cheaply online to keep on hand for these types of jobs. Thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a cleaner wax like meguiars. It`s like 6 bucks OTC at walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been there done that and it was more trouble than its worth for whatever reason it streaked really bad was hard to get off and the finish was dull...I`m thinking Color X or maybe some of the duragloss stuff possibly..Only other thing I might get is the Meguaries Deep Crystal threesome for step ups from normal "basic wax jobs" but not quite XMT, RMG, Souvern type wax jobs..being that I`m just starting out I get more of the "little guys" then the huge 150-250 dollar details until I build up a portfolio of jobs, which doesn`t matter to me like it might to some of you guys that do this for a living..its a supplement for me so small jobs = cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you let the wax dry completely? I`m very happy with the cleaner wax. It doesn`t streak for me don`t do it in the sunlight and make sure you let it dry completely. Another possibility would be to use the carnuba from the deep crystal series.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not order direct from Chemical Guys, gallons of stuff are super cheap and top notch.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently detailed a black Jaguar and the customer asked for a basic "wash & wax." I don`t normally do that, but the customer was a friend. I didn`t want to sully my reputation by just waxing the car since it had some pretty nasty cob webbing. I wanted to do some polishing at some level. So I picked up Meguiar`s #6 Cleaner Wax. It`s been years since I used a cleaner wax and was quite impressed. I applied it to the car by PC on speed 4.5 using a white LC polishing pad. It removed and/or filled the defects ~85% and was very easy to use. It didn`t streak at all. The only complaint I have is that it stained my white pads so that they are now yellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great suggestions guys, can someone point me to the Chemical guys products I would be most interested in? Never heard of em.. Mikey, I have seen #6 at pepboys so I might have to grab that and try..ColorX says it fills/eliminates swirls, polishes and seals in one step and I`ve seen other people mention it might test it on the mule..aka gf`s car this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Thread Information