Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looking at placing an order from my supplier to get me through the summer and I am wondering on the differences between these 2 products. Does one just leave behind some surface gloss? I use Crystal Mist and my QD, but I am thinking if I travel to a car show, the either the S&W or the S&G would be a good product to use for the rear fenders where my 315 rubber kicks up some dust...any thoughts on which would be the best bang for the buck in this application?

Also, can anyone say with certainty whether or not Bug Squash strips wax/sealant or not...I have heard mixed reviews.

Thanks.

~Darren
    1989 Trans-Am GTA [Red, Showroom Mint]

1992 Mustang 5.0 Coupe- [Black, Mint and DONE]

2000 Vortech`d Mustang GT-[Show `n` Go Car]

2014 Explorer Sport- [Black Metallic, Twin Turbo]

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have Crystal Mist then get S&W for dust/light dirt removal. S&G is pretty much a pure qd (a good one too), but S&W is more a "waterless wash" than a quick detailer; it does leave some surface gloss but is mostly intended to be a high lubricity solution to remove fine dust and dirt. I use it a lot on my black G35; just don`t use it on any more than a light dusting.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think S & W is more for light cleaning like you are describing as where the Spray and Gloss would be something I would use after cleaning as more of a QD. Also Duragloss is making a spray and clean, that is gaining steam here on Autopia. Hope this helps,

andrew
    "Treat every car as if it was your own"

-Every Detailer

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    S+W would be the product of choice for wiping off dust from the rear fenders. S+G is for adding gloss. It doesn`t have much cleaning power.

As to the Bug Squash, Steve himself has said that at proper dilution, it does not strip LSP`s. I have very little 1st hand experience, but in my (limited) use of it, it did not noticeably lessen beading of the LSP. I sprayed rather heavily at 3:1 mix. Did not use it repeatedly, though, so perhaps prolonged usage may have an adverse effect. :nixweiss:
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Echoing the sentiments above. I use a lot of S&W when removing dust. I`ve recently re-discovered S&G and it`s an outstanding gloss enhancer. I tend to be specific on these (i.e. using a gloss enhancer made by the same shop that made the topcoat) and it really adds a nice touch on top of EX and NB.
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that S+G has enough lubricity to safely remove dust and dirt, and leaves behind a high gloss. On areas with heavier dirt, I leave the S+G to sit on it for a few minutes, and then I wipe it off nice and easy. I`m a big fan of it, the next time I buy it I`ll buy a gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom
    Echoing the sentiments above. I use a lot of S&W when removing dust. I`ve recently re-discovered S&G and it`s an outstanding gloss enhancer. I tend to be specific on these (i.e. using a gloss enhancer made by the same shop that made the topcoat) and it really adds a nice touch on top of EX and NB.

X2---I use S&G every other wash over my Natty`s Blue and EX. I only use a foam gun to wash, and no wash mitt, and dry using S&W. Great look, especially after the S&G.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use S&W like it`s going out of style, but I haven`t had much luck with S&G. I find it streaks for me. I would recommend using S&W to be on the safe side. It may not add much gloss, but at least it will remove the dust and uncover your freshly waxed/sealed surface without marring the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree 100% now. S&G steaks for some odd reason. I have been trying other stuff out and so far I like Chemical Guys Pro detailer IN PLACE of S&W AND S&G.....cheaper too!

Post Thanks / Like
    S&G likes to streak on sealants and in the sun. I`ve not had an issue with it streaking over a carnauba or in the shade.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that if after using S+G you have streaks, just take a clean MF, wipe once, and they`re gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    I agree 100% now. S&G steaks for some odd reason. I have been trying other stuff out and so far I like Chemical Guys Pro detailer IN PLACE of S&W AND S&G.....cheaper too!

+1 although I use Pro Detailer on carnaubas, CG Speed Wipe on sealants. Great cleaning ability AND slickness!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem with S+G over sealants, ended up discontinuing its use. I now use OCW over carnubas and DG AW over sealants as a post-wash QD, and CG speed wipe as a cleaning QD.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    +1 although I use Pro Detailer on carnaubas, CG Speed Wipe on sealants. Great cleaning ability AND slickness!

I think you where the one that did a review on CG stuff?? You are a very bad man..You made me buy PD and love it...Now I need to buy SW now...Thanks!!!!!!!!

I do like PD since it does more then both PB items (in one dtep)..

On my car, I am addicated to JW quick wash and AG....Everyother day both cars get done..I have issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    I think you where the one that did a review on CG stuff?? You are a very bad man..You made me buy PD and love it...Now I need to buy SW now...Thanks!!!!!!!!

I do like PD since it does more then both PB items (in one dtep)..

On my car, I am addicated to JW quick wash and AG....Everyother day both cars get done..I have issues.

Yup, that was me! :getdown hee hee hee

How do the JW QD`s compare to S&W, S&G and Pro Detailer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information