Post Thanks / Like
    i worked a section of my work truck hood today that was pretty much covered in swirlmarks and minor water etching.

worked the area three times it has a pretty long breakdown time via pc white lc pad. it removed around 75% of the spiderwebbing and all the mineral deposits.

very slick feel to the area pretty good shine as well and i`ll take pics tommorow

there was very little dusting and no spray bottle needed. i havent tried #2 or 3 but i will tommorow and let you know if im swirless.

all in all i cant say its a time saver compared to a few different products ive been using, but im not all sure on what to expect from a product that "suppose" to be designed so different.

Post Thanks / Like
    XMT is different for the Pinnacle line, but not very different from Poorboy`s. They almost mimic the SSR line. Basic concensus seems to think that the XMT`s aren`t quite as aggressive as the SSR`s, but do a little better in the sun and dust a touch less.

Have you ever used the PB SSR`s? Just curious, because I`d like to hear from someone that has used both lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    no i havent, i mainly use menzerna line as im so used to it, i dont find them two to be too similar though if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used pb 2.5 and and xmt3. pb2.5 is a little stronger but it dusts some. xmt3 works great with very little dust and has a alot of lubricants in it which is great. I like the xmt a little better if the finish is not that bad. The xmt glaze is awesome...a must try. It makes everything look nice

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used XMT 1 but found it dustied a fair amount... the finish was superb for a SR, very glossy and slick, but the dust did my head in

Post Thanks / Like
    what pad were you using finer? what speed? i found it to be very easy on the dust, wonder why we get different results from the same product, maybe overusage?

Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes if the wrong car wash soap is used or if there is old cheap unk wax on the car prior to detailing there will be dust or even a gum up of the pads especially in the humid weather. It has nothing to do with the polish that you are using. wipe down the panels with rubbing alcohol. I have had cars so bad that I had to take brake cleaner to them just to get rid of the old residue.

I think the xmt line is great stuff for the pc and a beginner!

Post Thanks / Like
    I should be getting the whole XMT line up today and trying it this weekend on a Honda, its nice to know that 1 knocked a dent in swirls..I may try #1 first since honda`s usually have soft paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    VaSuper, clean your PM box!

Thread Information