Post Thanks / Like
    The inside of my truck is clean and smells good but it really needs more than Armorall or products like that. The first thing I would like to do is use a sponge, hot water and soap, elbow grease and clean it the old fashioned way. Can anyone recommend the best method and the best soap for the job? What about Murphy`s oil soap on the dash and console ? There are so many cleaners out there that I was just leaning toward old fashioned soap and water and then maybe some Duragloss interior product to treat it with.

Any suggestions from you detailer in the know? Thanks for all your help in the past, Mike :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Water-Woolite mix at 6:1 and then dress with 303 monthly and once weekly follow up with Meguiars Interior QD. Dust daily with a Swiffer and/or an MF.

I`d really hesitate to use the Murphy`s Oil Soap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMazda3S
    I like the Water-Woolite mix at 6:1 and then dress with 303 monthly and once weekly follow up with Meguiars Interior QD. Dust daily with a Swiffer and/or an MF.

I`d really hesitate to use the Murphy`s Oil Soap.

I`ll second the Woolite mix, but I usually mix it about 10:1. Great for cleaning all interior vinyl and leather. I prefer to dress with poorboys natural look.

The little swiffer dusters are great for a quick cleanup.

Post Thanks / Like
    For cleaning most interior surfaces: Woolite:water at 1:6 or Megs APC:water at 1:10.

Then dress with PB`s NL or 303.

Once clean, can maintain with occasional wipe-down with damp MF and re-dress as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guy`s! Woolite it is. Are you saying 6 parts water and one part Woolite? That sure seems like a weak mix to me but if that`s what your using then that`s what I`ll use, Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-in-WV
    Thanks guy`s! Woolite it is. Are you saying 6 parts water and one part Woolite? That sure seems like a weak mix to me but if that`s what your using then that`s what I`ll use, Mike

Mike...yes....6 parts water to one part Woolite. Its a great and inexpensive interior cleaner.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Murphys oil soap will work fine on vinyl and leather. Do not use oil soap on fabric. On cloth seats and carpets I use ammonia and water. It cleans better then anything else I ever used, and when it dry it makes everthing smell fresh. I dont use a spray bottle with the ammonia and water , I mix it up in a bucket and dunk a towel in it and simply wipe the seats and carpets down ,following with a dry towel. I dunk and wring out my towel often. You would be amazed on how dirty the water gets. Somethimes you have to change the solution several times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    Murphys oil soap will work fine on vinyl and leather. Do not use oil soap on fabric. On cloth seats and carpets I use ammonia and water. It cleans better then anything else I ever used, and when it dry it makes everthing smell fresh. I dont use a spray bottle with the ammonia and water , I mix it up in a bucket and dunk a towel in it and simply wipe the seats and carpets down ,following with a dry towel. I dunk and wring out my towel often. You would be amazed on how dirty the water gets. Somethimes you have to change the solution several times.
    When I mentioned the Murphy`s oil soap I was thinking of using it on the dash /counsel and trim but not on the fabric. I`m looking for something that will really do deep cleaning on things like the gear shift knobs , steering wheel and so on. Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    10:1 APC mixes will work great to do some deep cleaning on the really dirty parts. It may seem weak, but most APC`s are pretty strong and designed to be diluted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks giy`s. My wife gave me some Woolite but she also reminded me to try the Mean Green she gets from the Dollar store. She loves the stuff and say`s it can be used for carpet and apolstry too. Mixing it with half water makes a great all purpose cleaner too. I do know this stuff really works great on the rims and tires full strength . Looks like I have some testing to do anyway,Lol. Mike

Thread Information