Post Thanks / Like
    I just got AJ a couple of weeks ago and I like the way the stuff looks but it is always a bear for me to apply and buff off.

People have said AJT is easier to use so I was wondering if I put a sprayer on my bottle of AJ would that make it work like AJT? Is there any special sprayer I should use to make it mist like a QD? Is AJ too thick to use like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think AJT is diluted down so it works better with a sprayer. Regular AJ is probably too thick, but I`ll let the ones who have actually used it chime in.
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Post Thanks / Like
    You just need to apply real thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think AJ would work in a spray bottle. Maybe with some water, but I don`t know that that`d be a good idea.

I used AJ for the first time yesterday and had no problem with application or removal. I used a PC, grey pad, and applied it like this:

First panel, two small dabs (size of a pea), applied over panel at speed 1, then I went over the panel again to further thin the product.

Second panel, one small dab, apply over panel, then go over again to thin product:

repeat on the entire car.

I then let it sit for almost an hour and it buffed off with little to no effort. Most people buff it off right away, which I can only assume makes it even easier to remove.

Good luck.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ is easy to use if you apply it thinly and use your foam hand applicator to go over the panel and knock down any high spots before you move on to the next panel or remove at that point. Either way, thin layers come off very easily.

AJT is slightly tweaked AJ, not sure exactly what the changes are to make it spray friendly. I don`t think it is simply just somewhat diluted.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    My AJ came with a spray head in addition to the regular top. I think Jeff refers to it as the "2.0" version (prior to AJT). I apply it just like OCW -- spritz a small amount on the panel, spread with a MF to get even coverage, then flip the MF and wipe any residue off. Because of the thickness of AJ though, it doesn`t spray in a fine mist, it kind of spits out of the sprayer in globs. Takes a little practice to spray just a little amount and not put too much on a panel.

I usually do this in about 2` x 2` sections. I`ve done both of my parents cars, each with 2 coats of AJ with about 24 hrs curing time between coats. Did the cars about 2 1/2 months ago and still holding up well so far.

You can still buy the AJ 2.0 last time I checked but Jeff doesn`t include the spray head anymore now that AJT is out but you should be able to use any sprayer you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried AJ (second generation) with the sprayer and it was okay. I applied it like a QD, ie, wowo and it did not present a problem. I have been using some aerosol cans that are reusable and refillable with an air compressor. I bought them at Harbor Freight Tools when they were on a 1/2 price sale for $4.98. I fill them up with about 70lbs of air and they work really well for a variety of products. I especially like these cans for FK425.

I tried the cans with AJ and it did better, but not by much, than the sprayer. The trick is to use the right nozzel that comes with the cans. I used the green nozzel and it seemed to do the best job. It squirts out a fine mist and makes it easy to spread. But really, the sprayer that comes with AJ ain`t that bad and I hear Trigger is even better formulated for spraying than any of the Jetts before it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The current version of AJ would be the 2nd version right? 3rd would be the AJT.

I guess I`ll try it out with a sprayer.

:woot2:

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If AJ is anything like SG, you should be able to dilute it with water. Try 1:1 first.

Thread Information