Post Thanks / Like
    Got my PC... pads and polishes get here tomorrow. I have a new pack of the orange Vroom towels... want to get a drying towel tonight. Which one of the would be better, the Vroom or the Viking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember to take the tags off the Vrooms. As far as drying I haven`t tried either versions drying towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Remember to take the tags off the Vrooms. As far as drying I haven`t tried either versions drying towel.

Yeah I got the tags

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like WW better than plush drying towels. Walmart has some nice soft white WW in the housewares section.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the orange Target MFs and Viking`s green QD MF. Viking`s is plusher, bigger and has binding. For me the Viking works better when I use JW Trigger. Also feels nicer, softer than a baby blanket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went with the Viking Yellow Drying. Seems nice... silk edges... 70/30 ratio. We`ll see how it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just bought the vroom at target tonight. 6.5 square feet (23.5 in x 40 in) and VERY plush for $7.99 can`t beat the price. It has nice silk edges too. Plus the package says to wash it when "it gets gnarly". You have to love a product that has the word gnarly printed on the packaging. I will be preforming the CD test but this definately looks as though it will pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowin97x
    i just bought the vroom at target tonight. 6.5 square feet (23.5 in x 40 in) and VERY plush for $7.99 can`t beat the price. It has nice silk edges too. Plus the package says to wash it when "it gets gnarly". You have to love a product that has the word gnarly printed on the packaging. I will be preforming the CD test but this definately looks as though it will pass.

Just to confirm... the CD test is checking for scratches on the bare plastic side correct? The Viking towel was 10 bucks I believe... no CD scratches if I am doing it properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes teh cd test is to check for any micro-marring that the cloth may induce. You check it on the data side of the cd. The theory is that the CD is going to be easier to scratch than clear coat so if it the cloth wont scratch the cd it should be good to go on the clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    Which one of the would be better, the Vroom or the Viking?

the viking without a doubt! it`s an awesome high quality microfiber towel. i have a few of them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imacarnut
    the viking without a doubt! it`s an awesome high quality microfiber towel. i have a few of them....

I`ll know what I think of it by tomorrow. Got my pads in, should get my SSR2.5 and SSR1, plus my AIO... all today. If so I may be out polishing under the halogens in the dark tonight!!!

Thread Information