Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I have just finished using my PC7424 to remove swirls etc. After completion I used Sonus Paintwork cleanser and then some Klasse All In One..... the car looked great. Then I decided to finish it off with Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.... however the car now seems to have slightly visible weave pattern. I used the hand applicator to put the glaze on and waited about 5 minutes and then buffed it by hand.... how do you guys put this Glaze on and what can I do now to remove the weave effect?

This was my first time ever doing anything more to my car than a sinple wash / dry really, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

UKCamaroSS

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to apply SG by wiping on and wiping off
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    sealant glaze is tricky to use....try a damp applicator and apply it super super thin, like 4 pea sized spots for a door

wipe on wipe off is easiest...just have a play around and test you technique on single panels until you get some practice

a mf towel misted with qd helps take it off too

Post Thanks / Like
    If you find it hard to remove the sg, you put it on too heavy. Use some quick detail spray and it should come off.

Dave
    Dave Marcus

03 Volvo S80
    Black w/Graphite Ltr

Post Thanks / Like
    The best method I have found for applying SG is by PC. I use a 6" foam pad and cover it with a microfiber bonnet. Keeping the pad primed and spreading the product quickly results in a super thin layer. I let it dry for a few minutes and buff it off. No streaks and perfect results!

Post Thanks / Like
    One way to get it off would be to apply the AIO again.

Then when you re-apply SG, use a dry MF pad (actually I checked my notes and I misted the pad and squeezed the excess-1st pass only), and no more than a dime-sized drop on a MF hand applicator pad per panel. That application process worked well for me as a 1st time user of SG. I did one panel at a time and immediately wiped off-no waiting---WOWO. The following week I did a wash (no QD), and applied a 2nd coat of SG. Looks beautiful~!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarcus48
    If you find it hard to remove the sg, you put it on too heavy. Use some quick detail spray and it should come off.

Dave

I agree with this. I usually put SG and everything else on too thick, but if I get in a bind I whip out the Sonus QD.

Now if I use sealant it`s usually JWAJ. Similar results as KSG but not quite as finicky.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TnM6i
    The best method I have found for applying SG is by PC. I use a 6" foam pad and cover it with a microfiber bonnet. Keeping the pad primed and spreading the product quickly results in a super thin layer. I let it dry for a few minutes and buff it off. No streaks and perfect results!

How much AIO and SG do you put on the pad? Just a small drop or more?

Post Thanks / Like
    You really want to put on so little you can`t even see it...if the light is right you will see the surface wet and then flash dry and look like nothing is there, kind of like if you dampened a cloth with alcohol or another solvent and wiped it across the surface, you would see a film for a second which would then evaporate. If you`re asking "how can I put it on if I can`t see it!?!?" Accumulator points out that even if you can`t see it, the applicator will drag much less on the area where the SG has been applied. It takes a little experimentation, but that`s a lot easier than rubbing your arm off trying to remove "weave" (applicator) marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smartxtai
    How much AIO and SG do you put on the pad? Just a small drop or more?

i use a mf applicator thats been misted with water, then for the first swipe maybe four thin lines of sealant glaze, once the pad is loaded 4-6 small dots will be enough to keep going

try tipping some in a applicator bottle that has a fine nozzle, its near impossible to be frugal with the klasse containers

Thread Information