Post Thanks / Like
    I was using Optimum Compound on a car earlier today and I noticed that the Orange Edge Pad ripped ?? I worked on one side of the pad on half the car when it tore, on speed 6. I also added pressure while polishing. What did I do wrong?

On the good side:

Dear Tu,

The 4 inch pads are in the prototoype and testing phases now and should be on the market within a month. Look for them to be carried by Autogeek, Detailcity, and others.

Best regards,

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)

Hopefully this will help with deeper scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    sweet, i`m expanding my edge detail arsenal as we speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tustah

U got a 4in pad lucky dog.....i tried get one prototype but was unable.....

man i would been pissed if that was me....by any chance you you have a digital camera if so takes some pics....

also did you snag or catch the foam against anything...well its a reason why they r prototype there in the test phase so feed back is need so they can improve on this.....
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I meant the orange 6" DA pad, not the prototype. I have no clue what happened to the pad. I`m guessing maybe I added too much pressure or something but I did notice a tiny tear from the center of the pad, which probably increased. I have no clue how these tears form though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing happened to me! Fisrt use with a 6" white pad! Tore a wee bit from the center within about three panels and it wasn`t running fast, pressure, or going over any emblems, etc. I called them, told me it was probably due to lack of product so there was friction and caused the tear. I used plenty of product though. Said to send it back and they would replace it. I personally think they should send the replacement with a call tag for the other. Why should we have to go through the trouble after buying expsensive products? That`s mediocre customer support if you ask me, others would go above and beyond to make it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow i haven`t heard anything bad about edge pads yet, this is a first. But everyone slips after a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure about everyone else, but I started noticing that the adhesive glue that holds the two sides of the pad together began coming apart after I used it. I`m afraid this may be the reason why mine shredded up.

Also, I checked the pad again and the rip in the pad wasn`t the result of a slight tear from the center. I really have no clue why my pad ripped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I had been asking Aaron for some 4 inch pads, and he said he was going to send some out for me to test, but I never got anything. Oh well.

Thread Information