Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

This is my first post here, although I have been browsing for the last couple of weeks. I just received my DW849 rotary polisher, and I have 2 black 3m waffle pads and the back-up pad so far. I am wanting to get into detailing (just for my personal vehicles) and learn as much as I can to keep my 2004 GMC Sierra Crew Cab (Black) and my wife`s 2005 Acura TL (Black) looking as good as they can.

In another forum, there was a recommendation for beginners to start out with 3m perfect it polish and compound (if needed). Their stuff is pretty expensive, but it seems that a lot of people use it. I have also heard that a good company is 3D products. Comparing 3M to 3D, 3D is about 1/4 of the price of 3M. It seems that they are a reputable company, but my question is do the products compare?

If not, can someone give me some suggestions as to which products I should start with, whether it be interior detailing, or waxing and polishing? I also have a pneumatic D/A that I plan to get a backing pad for and use this as a orbital polisher for the time being. Any tips that someone can offer me would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    TravisT, I`ll send you a quick PM in just a minute or two, hope this helps out a little and welcome!! :wavey
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately helps out GMCloud. Anyone have any experience with 3D`s line of products? The only thing I found on here was over a year old about people thinking about trying them.

Thread Information