Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poorboys S&W

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to order more of this and I like it but was wondering why nobody has a similar product out since it`s so popular. (spray & wipe type cleaner) not a QEW type cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find Chemical Guys Speed Wipe very similar in waterless wash cleaning ability, plus it`s slick too! It has become my favorite do-all workhorse QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autogeek also carries a similar product - plus it`s on sale:

DP Waterless Auto Wash

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the DP WAW, though I have no experience with PB`s. I bought a quart of DP WAW to try out, and now am buying a 1 gallon refill. This time of year in the Pacific Northwest, we get the ocassional shower. My car has Klasse topped with Meg`s #26 on it, so most of the rain/dirt just glides right off, such that a QD works just fine to restore the shine. But for the back of the SUV (Caddy SRX), it gets pretty dirty. I work in sections, and spray a liberal amount of DP WAW on it, and then wipe clean. Has not scratched my paint! I also use it for the lower panels of the car, and the front. I then follow up with a QD to add a little extra gloss.

I think these types of products (QD on steroids, minus any gloss enhancer), are really nice to have on hand!

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem I see is DP does not remove dirt (as it is noted).

CG speed guy look good buy you can`t apply a carnuba after. CG pro deailer looks good but you can`t apply a sealant after.

I think the pro deailer you need to "water down"; 2:1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    Problem I see is DP does not remove dirt (as it is noted).

CG speed guy look good buy you can`t apply a carnuba after. CG pro deailer looks good but you can`t apply a sealant after.

I think the pro deailer you need to "water down"; 2:1.

Carnauba will bond just fine over a polymer. No problem with Speed Wipe and carnauba.

These are only QD`s and can be washed off pretty easily. I would just hesitate to use a sealant over a freshly QD`s surface done with a carnauba containing QD even though the amount of carnauba in them is minute, I would still insist on a good wash before application for 100% proper bonding.

The DP product mentioned is a "waterless wash" and it works very well. It does indeed remove dirt in similar fashion to Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe and CG`s Speed Wipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMazda3S
    Carnauba will bond just fine over a polymer. No problem with Speed Wipe and carnauba.

These are only QD`s and can be washed off pretty easily. I would just hesitate to use a sealant over a freshly QD`s surface done with a carnauba containing QD even though the amount of carnauba in them is minute, I would still insist on a good wash before application for 100% proper bonding.

The DP product mentioned is a "waterless wash" and it works very well. It does indeed remove dirt in similar fashion to Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe and CG`s Speed Wipe.

Here is why I stated what I did:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70698

I also know many people have issues with CG pro detailer (with streaks) if not diluted. PB S&W sometimes does the same thing on some hoods for some odd reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss - Fast Clean Shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    mburnickas--I wrote that article up. You CAN certainly use carnauba wax over Speed Wipe...it`s just that I like Pro Detailer better of the two, so if I have both products I would go with Pro Detailer in that situation. Speed Wipe is more versatile in that anything will bond over it.

Pro Detailer can streak if undiluted...but my little review was with it diluted, so it doesn`t really harm Pro Detailer to dilute it IME. IDK about you, but I like the fact that it can be diluted.

Emazda3S--I agree with most of what you said, but I wouldn`t trust a sealant over Pro Detailer even after a wash...the wash shouldn`t remove any of the carnauba it left on the surface. I would wait a few weeks after using Pro Detailer before trying to apply a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the clarification Sherman. I truly thought that the carnauba would be gone with a decent wash. I have never actually used a carnauba based QD. I am quite surprised that in your excellent review, you mention that the Pro Detailer actually cleans a bit better than the Speed Wipe.

I am looking forward to trying the CG QD`s. PB`s S&W is an excellent product but I`m QD fickle and always looking to try something new out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    mburnickas--I wrote that article up. You CAN certainly use carnauba wax over Speed Wipe...it`s just that I like Pro Detailer better of the two, so if I have both products I would go with Pro Detailer in that situation. Speed Wipe is more versatile in that anything will bond over it.

Pro Detailer can streak if undiluted...but my little review was with it diluted, so it doesn`t really harm Pro Detailer to dilute it IME. IDK about you, but I like the fact that it can be diluted.

Thanks. Here is one since I am looking to either buy more QD`s:

JW quick wash, CG pro detailer or speed shine or more PB S&W/S&G.

What is the best when compared to these? I have PB now manybe they are all the same or just about?

I posted your post since I respect your judgement on these items. :chuckle: You are the man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously Duragloss - Fast Clean Shine - it is about 6 bucks a bottle, works like S&W and will boost or bond with any carnuba or sealant. Available at any carquest. It`s awesome - that and Aquawax gives an awesome fast combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    Thanks. Here is one since I am looking to either buy more QD`s:

JW quick wash, CG pro detailer or speed shine or more PB S&W/S&G.

What is the best when compared to these? I have PB now manybe they are all the same or just about?

I posted your post since I respect your judgement on these items. :chuckle: You are the man!

No problem! I haven`t tried JW Quick Wash, but I was recently in your situation (I wanted a replacement for S&W) and I got a gallon CG Speed Wipe...I find cleaning ability *extremely* similar to S&W, perfect for waterless washes. It`s versatile because it can be used over/before anything...I love the stuff.

If you use a lot of carnaubas, think about getting a 16 ouncer of Pro Detailer. Otherwise, just skip it and stick with the Speed Wipe.

*Maybe* also get some Synthetic to replace S&G, but IMO it`s not necessary because Speed Wipe is darn slick on its own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groebuck
    Seriously Duragloss - Fast Clean Shine - it is about 6 bucks a bottle, works like S&W and will boost or bond with any carnuba or sealant. Available at any carquest. It`s awesome - that and Aquawax gives an awesome fast combo.

I agree that the FC&S is excellent but I don`t find that is has the cleaning power of S&W.

I don`t clean a heavily soiled finish with any QD but the bugs, bird bombs and light road grime seem to come off easier with the S&W for me. FC&S has a great gloss and some nice slickness and the price is terrific too.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, I have layed on Meg`s #26 wax after DP waterless wash and Nxt QD without any issues . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information