Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody have any experience with using Mother`s Cleaner Wax? I`m using a very low quality wax now (turtle wax hard shell) and am looking to upgrade. I really don`t have a lot of money to spend on these detailing products, I guess I`m looking for the wax with best value. Does the cleaner wax protect, or does it only clean the surface? How does protection last compared to other products? If it`s only a cleaner, what would you guys recommend to top the detailing with (again, best value, if possible)? Appreciate the help!

edit: Also, since Klasse AIO is considered a cleaner wax, how does the mothers cleaner wax compare to Klasse (not with SG)? Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read so/so reviews regarding Mother`s cleaner wax (try a search at the top right). As a cleaner wax it is supposed to be one of the better ones. I`ve also heard good things about Color X but I`ve never personally tried it. Both products are supposed to clean and protect. However most cleaner waxes have limited durability (1-2 months) so you`ll need to use them often. Most people on this forum would choose to clean with a dedicated polish, then seal or wax as their last step (LSP).

If you have a PC, it sounds like the new Swirlbuster polish might be perfect for you. Has the cleaning ability of a polish and lays down a durable layer of protection according to the description (several months). Based on that it sounds like a great one step product that might be what you`re looking for! Sorry if I couldn`t be more help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers Cleaner Wax is one of the better cleaner waxes out there. It cleans well and looks great - better than its `pure carnauba` brother, IMO. Its durability is average...much like most cleaner waxes.

Compared to Klasse, Klasse cleans much better with similar durability. Mothers hides swirls better while Klasse AIO will show them up.

Mothers Cleaner Wax is an under-rated product IMO, and better than it`s Megs cousin. If you pay more you can get better, but for the money, its excellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive got some cleaner wax...seems pretty good from what i can tell, worth a shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the quick replies!! Next time I`ll go buy a can of Cleaner Wax, then. Is it supposed to be hard, or a paste? The last time I opened one up in Walmart, the inside was hard, not a paste at all... Was it dried out, or is that how it`s supposed to be? For $5, I think it will be worth it easily. I mean, even the turtle wax costs $5...

Also, do you guys know if I can layer other waxes on top of the Mother`s Cleaner Wax? I still haven`t finished using my Turtle Wax, so I was thinking of layering it on top of the Cleaner Wax. It shouldn`t remove the cleaner wax layer, correct? The Turtle Wax can`t really do any harm even if it`s low quality, right?

edit: Just thought of something else. Can anyone comment on how long the water beading lasts? I know that anything is better than the turtle wax (it only lasts around 2 weeks without rain... ) I`m a bit OCD with the water beading, although obviously protection matters more

Again, really appreciate the help. I`m glad I joined this forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, ColorX is one of the best one-step products out there. It isn`t as good as a dedicated product but it can make fairly neglected paint look good. Don`t know how long the protection lasts because I always apply an LSP over it. If you`re looking for the best bang for the buck, try these OTC products:

Meg`s #26 - available at NAPA, great shine, lasts about 6-8 weeks.

Collinite 845IW - available at most Advance stores in the marine section - usually a very small, unmarked area in the corner of the store. Great shine, lasts 4-6 MONTHS and runs roughly $12. Hard to beat.

S100 - available at any Harley/most motorcycle dealers. Great shine, lasts 4-6 weeks and runs about $15.

Duragloss - available at some NAPA`s, get the spray wax (not that their other waxes aren`t good, just haven`t tried them). Spray lightly over your already waxed finish periodically and it gives it a fresh, killer look. Wet. Also inexpensive, not sure how much, got mine as a gift.

You don`t have to spend a lot of money to make your car look teriffic. Prep is 95% of the final outcome. Go get `em.

E-Jag

Post Thanks / Like
    I was also interested in topping the paint with collinite (everyone who uses it absolutely RAVES about it), but I`m in New York, and there are no Advance Auto stores. I`ll take a look in Autozone or Pepboys when I get the chance. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got the liquid cleaner wax ...nice n easy to use

collinte is very good too...easily available online or try a marine place

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried the mothers cleaner/wax in paste form a few weeks ago and love the stuff. As usual, Mothers never disappointed me. After several coats I topped it off with several coats of Duragloss AW and I have a deep wet shine that will knock your eyes out.

The only thing not good about either of these products is that they do very little to hide, cover or remove small scratches. They did eliminate any swirl marks but I had very few of them anyway.

The wax is a little powdery after it dries but it`s worth the minor hassle. Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got done using mothers cleaner wax on my suby a few days ago. So far it looks great. It doesn`t leave a real deep shine, but it fills in most scratches pretty well, and leaves a nice smooth feeling. I have a show this weekend, so hopefully I`ll have some pics later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    I was also interested in topping the paint with collinite (everyone who uses it absolutely RAVES about it), but I`m in New York, and there are no Advance Auto stores. I`ll take a look in Autozone or Pepboys when I get the chance. Thanks.

Where in NY are you located? The Collinite HQ is in Utica. I don`t think that Autozone or Pepboys will have it--you`re better off looking in CarQuest. It may be hard to find, so have a look at MacTec...14.25 a bottle and free shipping.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colorx/Mothers Reflections combo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    I still haven`t finished using my Turtle Wax
    Which Turtle Wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Its good stuff. Gives a good shine, and protects well.

I use it when i dont have enough time to do a 3 step system all separately.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a great go between product from your polish to your wax. I like it a lot, as it isn`t quite active enough to call it a stand alone polish, where it will clean all of your paint. As a cleaner wax, it isn`t sufficient enough to offer lasting protection. It does leave a decent shine, and it will clean up lingering haze and streaks from your last polish. Mothers Cleaner Wax is a good detailing product, as with many of their other products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information