Post Thanks / Like
    Scratch-X vs Color-X what is the difference?

can I use scratch-X after OP and before AIO if I can`t get out some swirls?

Post Thanks / Like
    Scratch X and color x is two completely different things.

ColorX is a strong cleaner wax with very little to no abrasives, so it won`t get out any swirls. It an all in one clean/polish/wax product.

Scratch X has some diminishing abrasives and with some elbow grease can get some swirls out. This is a polish only product.
    -Jackie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Trackie
    ColorX is a strong cleaner wax with very little to no abrasives, so it won`t get out any swirls. It an all in one clean/polish/wax product.

Meguiar’s COLORX® is the tested and proven system to restore deep color and gloss from your oxidized or contaminated paint finish. Helps remove fine scratches and swirl marks too. Our polish and wax combination will dramatically revive brilliant color and add a long lasting protection that locks in the shine. For best results, apply with an Even-Coat Applicator and remove residue with a Supreme Shine Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having used both extensively, I find that ColorX is a very good all-in-one product that is perfectly capable of making neglected paint look as it can without using a dedicated product. If you`re in a hurry it`s worth the money. Similar - in my opinion - to AIO. That said, if you have the time a dedicated product like ScratchX will nearly always do a better job BUT it`s a bear to do a whole car with it....meant to be applied by hand with "enthusiasm" (which, in my experience you run out of in a hurry). Both good products intended for slightly different applications - most people probably use ColorX with a PC.

E-Jag

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to say "look as good as it can..." above. Fingers faster than my brain - as is nearly everything else.

E-Jag

Post Thanks / Like
    ScratchX is meant to be applied by hand. Unless your vehicle is in incredibly incredibly bad shape, it`s not really the product intended to go over the entire car. What I would do is start with ColorX. After that, if there are places where there are still heavy scratches, do those with ScratchX. Go to MOL for instructions on how to use ScratchX -- basically, you rub it in with a LOT of elbow power, and repeat many times. It does work! I was able to remove a few scratches this way, and have been able to hide other really deep scratches as well. But it`s not something I would relish doing on a whole-car basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I experimented today on my dads car. I found a scratch and I did this:

wash --> clay --> OP --> AIO --> RMG --> NB

This was done all by hand. I realize i will probably get better results when using OP with a buffer but i dun have that money right now. However, I was able to get most of the scratch out but I could still see a bit faintly I was wondering if I used scratchx if it would help or not? Does scratchx have a lot of FILLERS?

When would i use scrachx:

1: OP -- > SCRATCHX --> AIO

or

2: OP --> AIO --> SCRATCHX

(NOTE: I am only going over the stuff that I wasn`t about to fully get out with the scrachx NOT THE FULL CAR)

Thread Information