Post Thanks / Like

This morning, while hanging around the rec room, I found a small spray bottle of Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant lying in a storage box. With some spare time to kill, I thought I`d try it on my cousin`s Miata.

The protectant is a milky white liquid similar to Armor All. That alone would detract most detail freaks. However, that`s where the similarities end. Rather than some funky chemical odor, F21 has a hint of new car scent. It leaves a decent matte finish without any greasy feel to it.

As far as durability goes, I`ve yet to try it out. Otherwise, F21 is a fairly decent protectant. There are much better OTC protectants out there, though.

Instructions: ***

Packaging: ***

Vinyl/Rubber Finish: ***

Ease of Use: ***

Protectant Durability: **

Fragrance and Skin: ***

MFG Claims: **

Value: ***
    2005 FORD MUSTANG V6 DELUXE - "Belldandy"

Windveil Blue Clearcoat Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a bunch of bottles when Autozone was clearing out this product. They were selling 32 ounce bottles for 99 cents. I ended up getting about 7 bottles and now use it all the time as a wheel well dressing. Its not a bad dressing. I would compare the looks and durability similar to Armor All.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I bought a couple bottles of it, mixed it with a bunch of old dressings i had sitting around, then 50:50 with water. Came out great.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone experience "wet-spots` with this after drying? Im not sure if i over sprayed or not, but i had one area on my door with shiney spots...

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think that F21 is much better than your standard armor all, but obviously far from the best stuff out there. But hey, for 99 cents that`s a hell of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found the product leaves behind a greasy residue that is sometimes difficult to buff off. Once I tried using it only on the drivers side door and it left a shinier appearance than the armor all on the passenger side door. The shine also remained after several wipe downs with woolite and water. I do like the smell though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently picked up Black Magic Anti-static protectant and I was pleasantly surprised. Matte finish, light cherry scent and after about 5 days I can see the minimal dust. it was <5 dollars at Target. Never tried the F21 though so I can`t compare.

Another thing I noticed about the Black magic was it didn`t leave any residue even on smoother plastics which products like 303 even leave.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Black Magic anti-static protectant is supposed to be the compliment of the Black Magic titanium matte finish tire dressing.

Overall, the F21 Super Protectant is like armor-all except a little more substantive and with a bit less gloss. The TW Ice total interior care, leaves behind a matte finish, and a plesant "fresh"/"new car" smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used F21 on my 2001 ranger a few times. In 8 years I probably applied it 5 times. I would put is on a little thick and let it sit for a day 2, then wipe off the extra. Doing that the dash and interior trim looked great (to me any ways) and would stay like that forever. It left a semi-glossy sheen doing it my way. About every 2 weeks I would dust the dash with a dry MF. I would spray some more on a MF about once a year to reapply.

The only bad thing was that it always was slightly greasy to the touch, even after a year.

FWIW the dash on the truck looked great all the way up to when I got rid of it. I have also been using it on the Lightning and CR-V the same way.

I had a 32oz bottle that kinda went bad, I left in to many temp swings. It was turning into cottage cheese, so I used it up on wheel wells and stuff like that. Otherwise I would have had the stuff for 10 more years for sure.
    :woohoo:

Thread Information