Thread: A good Glaze

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a good glaze that i could find at a local store like Walmart, Autozone, Kragens, I have only seen meguiars #7 glaze for $10 is that any good or are there others?
    Check out my Autopia Garage tell me what you think, just be nice....

Post Thanks / Like
    a lot of meguiars products contain fillers even if they don`t say "glaze" on the bottle. are you looking for more of a polish or a wax/sealant with glaze properties?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojas209
    I need a good glaze that i could find at a local store like Walmart, Autozone, Kragens, I have only seen meguiars #7 glaze for $10 is that any good or are there others?

#7 is pretty good, but requires getting through a little learning curve before you master it. Here`s a good article located in the "Hall of Fame" forum explaining #7:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23740

VM is much easier and also produces great results.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess what i want is a good wax with glaze properties, that will wipe off eazy and works for a black car. I have been using eagle one products to clean my car and it looks great, but now that i get my PC :buffing: on Friday i need something new. But something affordable

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess what i want is a good wax with glaze properties, that will wipe off eazy and works for a black car

Not exactly sure what you`re looking for.

If you want a wax with alot of oils that would look good on black and is easy to use I`d suggest P21S/S100, but unfortunately they`re not the most durable products.

Do a search on "black" and see what others use.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess the next question is, how much do you care about durability?

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i dont care much, as long as it gives a good shine, and protects. I just want my car to stand out, i always got time for a good wash and wax, i even bet my neighbors think i work cleaning cars or i am in love with my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i dont care much, as long as it gives a good shine, and protects. I just want my car to stand out, i always got time for a good wash and wax, i even bet my neighbors think i work cleaning cars or i am in love with my car.

NXT Tech Wax, or Gold Class will fit your needs. NXT gives a very wet look to dark colors.

Here is a 15 year old fender with NXT (x2) applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT does look great on red.

If you`re getting a PC soon I`d not worry about a glaze. Get a good, easy-to-learn polish, like MPP, and polish it until it removes all marring. MPP also has some glazing properties. If you want to spend more time honing your polishing skills, then try IP. Finally, top with a good LSP like Nattys Blue, Reflections Top Coat, #26, etc, and watch your black shimmer. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    VM and RMG are nice to have around because VM does some light polishing, and RMG is a great glaze and can be mixed with some polishes to keep dusting down.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some polish that says its for dark cars made by productions car care, and i think i am going go see what they have at the store, but i think maybe #27 or NTX. i just hope it comes out good because i guess if its not broken why fix it, i like E1 it does a good job but i want to explore.

After cleaning with Nano wax, looks like a mirror and its easy to apply :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a good OTC glaze that also has fillers for very fine scratches?

Post Thanks / Like
    How about 3M Imperial Hand Glaze? Lots of folks seems to love this stuff, but I`ve never used it.

I have a bottle of RMG and a bottle of #7. I prefer #7 on single stage and RMG for b/c paints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by animes2k
    How about 3M Imperial Hand Glaze? Lots of folks seems to love this stuff, but I`ve never used it.

I have a bottle of RMG and a bottle of #7. I prefer #7 on single stage and RMG for b/c paints.

If you already have the RMG and #7 don`t bother with the IHG. I did a direct comparsion between IHG and Meg`s #5 (probably the least impressive of their pure polishes) and the #5 was much better. The IHG has stayed on the shelf ever since.

Only reasons to buy IHG: a) it`s available and something better is not, and/or b) you find #7 too hard to work with (in which case I`d recommend #3/#5/#81 anyhow). Just IMO of course, but I was surprised at how much better I liked the Meg`s stuff.

Oh, and I agree that #7 is best on ss :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve just used RMG and I love this thing. I love how easy it is to work with, it just seems like the paint just absorbs it. Darkens the paint and fills in minor swirls as well. I topped it off with CMW and it looks amazing.

Thread Information