Player Appreciate!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like alot of the online retailers are "closing out" their 4* Products and saying "That`s all folks".

Any idea what`s behind this? A boycott?

Post Thanks / Like
    No don`t tell me so... this is right after I used 4* UPP sealant and loved it.

Autopia was advertising 4* on their home page recently though and seem to have the full lineup with no indication of it going away.

Post Thanks / Like
    4 Star was bought by (or supplying to) Autopia and `The Perfect Shine` only(?) I believe. So it will still be available but from other people it seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    4 Star was bought by (or supplying to) Autopia and `The Perfect Shine` only(?) I believe. So it will still be available but from other people it seems.
    Wrong............

The Four Star site (PAC) is being managed by The Perfect Shine. All FS products are still produced by FS......The "other" vendors didnt care for this idea and decided it was time to bail out.....Good for PS and other current vendors i would say....(This is my understanding ) All i can say to the other guys who decided to leave is
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s why

The wholesale price for all the products was increased in a big way immediately upon PAC taking over

It`s simply too expensive to sell it and FS is listed at almost twice the price than the SONUS equivalent on autopia store and I don`t understand that.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    Here`s why

The wholesale price for all the products was increased in a big way immediately upon PAC taking over

It`s simply too expensive to sell it and FS is listed at almost twice the price than the SONUS equivalent on autopia store and I don`t understand that.
    Well, i have been selling Four Star for a few years and after this all happened my prices never moved. I am still stumped as to why other vendors decided to drop the line. Persoanlly I love the Four Star line and they are a great company to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used 4* for the first time and loved it. It seems that it`s getting dropped from most of the major distributers. I was advised to switch to FMJ. Though FMJ is expensive the research that I have done leads me to believe it is a great product (will not stain trim, will bond to a glaze, and has unmatched protection). I plan on buying it once I get close to using up my 4*.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they are

However it`s the new shipping charges that are the killer for me

Used to be able to choose ground or USPS air parcel, now only option is global priority and it`s ultra expensive to get to OZ land this way
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    I just used 4* for the first time and loved it. It seems that it`s getting dropped from most of the major distributers. I was advised to switch to FMJ. Though FMJ is expensive the research that I have done leads me to believe it is a great product (will not stain trim, will bond to a glaze, and has unmatched protection). I plan on buying it once I get close to using up my 4*.
    Theres only two suppliers who dropped it. Its not like they switched formulas or anything. Its still a great product and can be found rather readily thru some distributors. As for "advising" you switch, all I can say is thats "ill" information.......They SHOULD have recommended it as an alternate product, instead of advising you to switch.....

I personally dont see the advanage with going to FMJ, especially when you you look at the difference in prices........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Better Car Care just gave me an - 15 % offer on all 4* products

Thread Information