Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think of this product?

Is it a good QD spray?

Post Thanks / Like
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

Doh!

Should have searched for reviews of it before posting.

Ok, thanks bigfoot.

Sorry for opening this topic everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will add that the new blue version is awesome. It is so easy to spray a panel with it when drying to aid in reducing friction and also add protection and gloss in the process. I have been using a QD to use when drying, but I`ll be using this now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does WAUD still waterproof MF drying towels? If so, how can you use it on a wet car if the next time you wash the car, your towels won`t absorb water? I can see using it on a dry car with MF towels used only for product removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD
    Does WAUD still waterproof MF drying towels? If so, how can you use it on a wet car if the next time you wash the car, your towels won`t absorb water? I can see using it on a dry car with MF towels used only for product removal.

If I`m going to use WAUD while I dry, I use my huge MF drying towels. It hasn`t had any ill effects on any of them yet. Can`t tell ya whether it messes with WW`s still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which huge MF drying towels do you use, like the towels from Walmart, terry style? Are you using the newer blue bottle WAUD formula? The older, red bottle WAUD ruined my WW MF towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD
    Which huge MF drying towels do you use, like the towels from Walmart, terry style? Are you using the newer blue bottle WAUD formula? The older, red bottle WAUD ruined my WW MF towels.

I`m not even sure of the brand of MF`s that I`m using, but I actually got them down at the local Advance Auto store. They are not terry, but microfiber. Mine is royal blue. They work pretty well and I can dry my whole car with one towel when using WAUD, and I am using the new blue bottle version.

Have you tried soaking your old WW`s in an APC or even boiling them on the stove top?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine

Have you tried soaking your old WW`s in an APC or even boiling them on the stove top?

apc works wonders, i use simple green or castrol superclean, and I`ve found they both work the same

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    I`m not even sure of the brand of MF`s that I`m using, but I actually got them down at the local Advance Auto store. They are not terry, but microfiber. Mine is royal blue. They work pretty well and I can dry my whole car with one towel when using WAUD, and I am using the new blue bottle version.

I`ve put them through many wash cycles in hot water and it`s done almost nothing, water still nearly beads off of the towels, very little is absorbed. That`s after using them with WAUD only a couple of times. With regards to the towels, I was asking about terry style MF towels as opposed to WW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Cro
    What do you think of this product?

Is it a good QD spray?
    It`s a good product that leaves behind a little protection and beading. As stated in the reviews, the blue bottled (newer) version is better.

Not really designed to be a QD, but more of a WAUD as the name states.

That said, I began using Optimum Car Wax (OCW, spray) that leaves a much better layer of protection, some prominent members here even use it a LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Cro
    Doh!

Should have searched for reviews of it before posting.

Ok, thanks bigfoot.

Sorry for opening this topic everyone!

No problemo, Bro!!! :2thumbs: we all do it!!! :chuckle:
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace1
    ... I began using Optimum Car Wax (OCW, spray) that leaves a much better layer of protection, some prominent members here even use it a LSP...

Yes, because it IS an LSP! OCW is NOT a quick detailer!

Sorry for the little hijack but things needed clarification...

How would you compare WAUD with 1Z`s Lackfinish? I use only the latter and it has a minor effect on the towels too...

Thread Information