Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a bottle today and tried it on a panel on our pewter van. I sprayed it directly on the panel and did a WOWO. It producted a very nice glossy shine with good depth, sharp reflections, great metallic pop and a slick surface. I applied it over 5 month old collinite 845. At $8 for 22 ounces it`s a great value and available OTC at Carquest.

Post Thanks / Like
    How would you compare it to OCW? Better/worse, apples to oranges? Please save me before I buy something else I don`t really need. But then I do have a Car Quest store just a few miles from my house.

I feel that buying urge coming.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used OCW but some Duragloss AW users prefer it over OCW. From my understanding it is a full synthetic product. Some have compared it to Z8. I`d love to see a Z8, DAW comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Aquawax is very good stuff..Like wannafbody said..great shine...nice depth..very slick

I put it on my truck a few weeks ago and then we had 9 days of rain..rain just beaded like crazy..one thing I find with the duragloss stuff...they all compliment each other...

I did my girlfriends car before winter with the duragloss line...using the bonding agent and the clearcoat polish...and I must say..her car beaded all winter...very durable stuff...and the shampoo is top notch...leaves the paint clean and slick...the whole line is very over looked...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO Duragloss wash is better than Gold Class.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I`ve noticed about Duragloss Aquawax is that it gets slicker overnight. I used it on my black Camaro ontop of Zaino and it seemed to be better the next day.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    did it change the look of the Zaino? I`m considering trying over some Z2 pro. Have you ever tried putting Z over the DAW? Did it bond?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delay, I haven`t been on in a few days. It seemed to add a little depth to it, but I was inside in not the best lighting conditions. This was also over 3 month old Zaino. I was impressed with it, but I`ve never used Z8 so I have nothing to actually compare it to. I used it on my fiancee`s Silver Nissan over 2 month old 845 and was really impressed there.

I haven`t tried Z over it yet, but I really don`t think it`s that much different from Z8. That`s my opinion of Duragloss......it`s not quite Zaino, but still as good or better that most stuff I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a bottle of the Aquawax and tried it yesterday. I have a red 1992 Miata. When I last detailed my car I clayed, used ColorX followed by a coat of Collinite 845 IW. The Aquawax is very impressive. This product produces a super slippery finish and gives great pop to the Collinite.

I am sold on it....for less than $7...it`s a great product and price.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who have tried both - How does it compare to the "Slickquidity" of FK 425? (nice term, huh?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AquaWax all the time and use it as my final wipe down on every car that I top with either a wax or sealant (their 111, #21 and CG M Seal - the only sealants I own). It really adds gloss and seems to clear up the finish rather than make it look deeper - almost like it brightens up the surface. It adds the typical wetness and reflectiveness that most surfaces obtain after a spray of some sort is applied.

I`m not one for all of these "deeper, wetter, warmer, glossier" type descriptions, but I feel pretty confident in my description of noticing the above difference once I apply on top of the LSP.

My favorite combo is 845 IW topped with AquaWax basically because I use IW almost all the time for the past few years.

Its slickness reminds me of most detailed surfaces! I used Mothers FX Spray Wax today after a wash and it left just as slick a surface.

To be honest - AW, OCW, Mothers FX Spray, EO WAUD and QD`s like 425, etc... all leave similar slickness on a freshly detailed surface. Slickness is more of a feel good physical thing than anything else in my opinion and should have no real bearing if we`re going for looks and durability.

I wouldn`t compare it to 425 because AW is a spray wax and 425 is a QD. The AW belongs to the lines of spray waxes / sealants utilized as stand alone protection products, not the traditional QD`s (like 425 and the handfuls of others) used to clear up smudges, finger prints, light dust, etc...

Overall, if you want a cost effective final, NON carnauba spray with no cleaners and genuine protection with a very, very nice look, the AW is something to consider if you`re still searching for a spray product or want to experiment with yet another product.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
    For those who have tried both - How does it compare to the "Slickquidity" of FK 425? (nice term, huh?)
    Allow me to re-phrase my thought. ~ What FK1 product would Duragloss Aquawax be compared to? http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
    Allow me to re-phrase my thought. ~ What FK1 product would Duragloss Aquawax be compared to? http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

It`s similar to FX100 but the DAW is a full synthetic whereas FX100 is a blend

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got Mothers FX and Aquawax. FX is a great product, but it seems to be gone after about a week. I put Aquawax on my fiancee`s Nissan over 845 IW a month ago. It definitely changed the way the water beaded. It still beads the same way today. I`d be interested to use it as a stand-alone and see what the durability is. I know most people don`t care about durability with something of this nature, but I think it`d be interesting. I washed her car this evening and I could still tell it was there. This is on a car that sits outside 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Aquawax as easy to use as OCW?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information