Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bjackson8

My only question is, do they sell it in 55 gallon drums?

Only gallons are listed for sale on the website. You`d have to give them a call to see if they would sell 55gal drums to you.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Really no need to use after every wash....it is very durable.....I find it will last 8-12 weeks easy.....I wash every 2 weeks and seen no degradation of the product....I use the Duragloss wash also....the AW beads very well and slickness is still there from original application in July...the morning dew just blows off the truck...rolls off....

I find using their shampoo is the ticket to long durability of their products..not harsh..and complements the products on the paint....

I believe AW will increase the longevity of any LSP if used when you feel the need...along with the shampoo...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    Only gallons are listed for sale on the website. You`d have to give them a call to see if they would sell 55gal drums to you.

I was trying to be funny with the 55 gallon drum comment, but it is good to know that it comes in gallons. A gallon should last me at least a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff is here to stay for me - I ordered 2 gallons from Excel which should be here any day.

I plan on using one of the gallons to make about 4 gallons of QD. BTW, on another thread a few folds said they didn`t think it would make a good QD, but diluted, AW has worked just as well as any other QD I`ve used (and I really don`t think "traditional" QDs are much more than diluted spray waxes anyway).

And somebody mentioned something about glass using AW for glass - diluted as a QD, this stuff has yielded some seriously streak-free windows for me too.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    in the city someone cut AW with FC&S and it seemed to work well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to update this thread with a thought....

Some days when detailing I run out of patience rather quickly. I`ve found that at the end of a long day, AW`s ease of use is a champion. Today, for instance... I ran out of steam a little early and I was able to spray on Aquawax, spread it around with a MF and then go back over it with a MF. If I missed a spot buffing, no big deal.....it doesnt become difficult to remove like Klasse SG. It allowed me to just throw the buffing MF around and call it a day. Its so cheap I odnt have to be a cheapo with it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently I have RMG topped with EX-P then Natty`s Blue. If i decide to top with AW would i notice a change in the depth, wetness etc?

Also i should then be able to add another layer of nattys on top of the AW with no problems correct??

Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely does something to carnauba when put ontop of it. I just can`t put my finger on it, but it looks good. Never tried it the other way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my gallon and I agree that it smells alot like z8. Havent tried it yet though.

Also the DG leather shampoo and conditioner are very similar to the zaino brand. Identical smell and packaging.

I noticed that on the back of the DG bottles that it is manufactured by Brothers Research Corp. Anything to do with Zaino Bros?:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some HGAS, and although it was a tad better than AW, price vs. performance, I would say AW is by far a hands down winner... I love FK#425, and OCW also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    Well, I like it MUCH better than OCW, which seems to have lasted a while in popularity, so I see no reason AW won`t retain its popularity too. I don`t think AW will prove to be a "flavor". I think it easily offers 2 months of durability, shine and slickness, which surpasses the performance that I got out of OCW. AW is a great spray sealant, with better than average durability, and a great shine. Nothing more, nothing less.

I disagree with " average". I was a little apprehensive to try and give Duragloss a fair trial.

Fortunately I was totally wrong the 105 & PBA are awesome and the AW is stunning.

For the price and ease of use their products are amazing. Customer service is great too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenney
    I just got my gallon and I agree that it smells alot like z8. Havent tried it yet though.

Also the DG leather shampoo and conditioner are very similar to the zaino brand. Identical smell and packaging.

I noticed that on the back of the DG bottles that it is manufactured by Brothers Research Corp. Anything to do with Zaino Bros?:chuckle:

According to Sal, Zaino and Duragloss shared technology years back.

This may be the reasons the bottles, product descriptions and scents are basically the same in alot of their products. Also Fwiw. Zaino`s blue car wash, use to be red years ago according to many long time Zaino users.

I have both Zaino and Duragloss products and I can`t tell the difference in any of the ones I have and use. I`ve mixed Z-2 and 105 together, along with mixing Z1 polish lok and DG #601 together both look, smell and perform the same for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    AW should really be compared to FX100. 425 is simply a QD and not in the same league.

Why would you be drawn to that conclusion ?

Two different animals...apples to oranges comparison.

AW is a spray on Syn wax, where fk fx100 is a Glaze/Sealant...big difference.

I used fk all in one, followed by fx 100, then applied AW. Silver car paint looked very warm

and wet.

I would not compare AW to Fx 100 though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone make sense of the Duragloss polishing lineup, from most abrasive to least abrasive. Their descriptions aren`t exactly the clearest (ie. seems like #105 and #111 do the same thing). Thanks guys.

Just for reference, they have:

#101 Polish and Cleaner

#105 Total Performance Polish

#111 Clear Coat Polish

#601 Polish Bonding Agent (sounds like you use this before polishing?)

#652 Buffing and Polishing Cleaner

Btw, anyone else notice that Aquawax prices have gone up in the last year or so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioman
    Btw, anyone else notice that Aquawax prices have gone up in the last year or so?

Holy crap, that is way up, especially on the gallon, now is $32.85, used to be $25.xx, I think. The bottle is now $7.99, used to be what, $6.99? Less?

I guess they realized they could charge more for it.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information