Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to go to the CarQuest distribution center here in Baton Rouge to find the 105 TPP. However I know they have PLENTY of Duragloss products in their warehouse. They said they had like 85 bottles of 105 back there. I believe the AW was around $7.00 and the TPP was $9.00 and the bonding agent was $5.00

Post Thanks / Like
    Those prices sound pretty much inline with what I`ve paid locally here in Memphis. For the performance, the DG products are a downright bargain!
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Is AW fully synthetic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach30SiR
    Is AW fully synthetic?

That is correct. AW is fully syn.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    jsut bought 2 bottles from excel...

haev yet to try it out..

this better not be a flavour of the month product

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomee

this better not be a flavour of the month product

Well, I like it MUCH better than OCW, which seems to have lasted a while in popularity, so I see no reason AW won`t retain its popularity too. I don`t think AW will prove to be a "flavor". I think it easily offers 2 months of durability, shine and slickness, which surpasses the performance that I got out of OCW. AW is a great spray sealant, with better than average durability, and a great shine. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up DG AW last week and tried it out this weekend. The product was easy to use much like EO WAUD but easier and I applied after I dried the car.

The G looked great after the application and it didn`t hide any of the metal flake. I like the product and look forward to washing it this evening to see the beading action. Durability is not a huge concern for me at this time since it`s so easy to apply and I like to do it. Although if it does hold up it will be an option to use on customers cars for added protection over the AIO products.

I also picked up the 821 All Wheel Cleaner and it did a good job cleaning the notorious G35 brake dust from my wheels. It smelled very similiar to EO A2Z AWC or Meguiars Hot Rims AWC but "seemed" to dissolve the brake dust better.

TigerMike (or anyone who knows) - since the AW is synthetic would there be bonding issues using it over AIO products such as Meg`s ColorX?

Post Thanks / Like
    Over a 3 week period I applied 1 coat of Megs #21, and 2 coats of AW. The car is a rolling mirror.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch
    since the AW is synthetic would there be bonding issues using it over AIO products such as Meg`s ColorX?

Yes, you can use the AW over other products, such as AIO or ColorX. Should still be able to get good durability from the AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used AW over NXT, Meg#21, Mothers FX, and S100, No problens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks lawrencea and TigerMike! I didn`t think it would be a problem just wanted to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve used AW over Zaino and 4* UPP so far...no issues at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used AW over a carnuba (FK Pink) numerous times, and there seems to be no problem with bonding.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    loving the AW here too, but I was wondering if anyone has tried putting a carnuaba wax (either Natty`s blue, collinite, or s100) AFTER several layers of AW. My current combo, which looks amazing, is:

AIO, RMG, Natty`s Blue, AWx2 (the layers of AW were spaced a week apart)

If I wanted to add more natty`s, do you think I should start over from the AIO, or would I be safe going over the 2 layers of AW?

Thanks,

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    I think using AIO again is unnecessary. Just apply the NB wax over the existing AW. Later you can add more AW, if you so choose.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information