Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my order in yesterday (gallon of wheel cleaner, some leather conditioner, bug remover, and of course AW)

I also have now Four Star UUP, Natty`s Blue and now AW - What would be the best combo on a while car? I was thinking uup topped with aw, and save the natty`s for darker cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Given your product selection, I would do the UPP followed by AW as the top coat. I would`ve picked up some 105 too though, as it will last longer and protect better than UPP, in my opinion.

2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    before we get back on topic again, doesn`t 105 have cleaners in it? According to the site, it says it helps clean. Wouldn`t this remove any layering or glazes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach30SiR
    before we get back on topic ...

Is this textbook "hi-jacking"? Just kidding. :chuckle: The question is related to the topic. Your choice of words just hit me funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cleaner is so mild it will not effect a cured layer of 105 or any durable LSP..the cleaner is basicly for contaminents that your shampoo did not remove..or fallout...

I tried to remove road marker paint with it and would not touch it..then tried AIO and it removed it..so the cleaner is much milder than what is in AIO...

It willl remove any decaying LSP..one that is close to ending....wax...light tar..

But any freshly cured sealant it would not harm...also applying by hand would lessen the effect of the cleaner on a LSP over a PC...I apply it by hand...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    The cleaner is so mild it will not effect a cured layer of 105 or any durable LSP..the cleaner is basicly for contaminents that your shampoo did not remove..or fallout...

I tried to remove road marker paint with it and would not touch it..then tried AIO and it removed it..so the cleaner is much milder than what is in AIO...

It willl remove any decaying LSP..one that is close to ending....wax...light tar..

But any freshly cured sealant it would not harm...also applying by hand would lessen the effect of the cleaner on a LSP over a PC...I apply it by hand...

Al

I apologize in advance if I offend you - I really don`t mean to. Are you affiliated with Duragloss in any way? If not, I applaud your support of the company and thank you for providing so much information to the rest of us. If so, I don`t have a problem with it since I have used AW and I know that what you have stated is accurate. I am just curious since you have so much information and such glowing praise. Please don`t be offended - that is not my intent. There may be others who are wondering the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    you did not offend me at all..lol...never even came to thought..I was just helping you out and giving info.....I do not work for or sell Duragloss...I won a Auction last year of all most all of the car product line...and have been overly pleased with thier products...

for the money it is hard to beat this line..

so no offence taken and never entered my mind..lol...just a plain ole DG user

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a pretty in-depth review of the 105 not long ago, and I found the "cleaning" properties of 105 to be virtually nonexistent. Therefore, I fully expect the 105 to be able to layer...

Their 101 polish, however, certainly has stronger cleaners.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    you did not offend me at all..lol...never even came to thought..I was just helping you out and giving info.....I do not work for or sell Duragloss...I won a Auction last year of all most all of the car product line...and have been overly pleased with thier products...

for the money it is hard to beat this line..

so no offence taken and never entered my mind..lol...just a plain ole DG user

Al

I didn`t think so, but it entered my mind and I thought it should probably be cleared up so that you would get full credibility. Thanks for the info. :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    I think their labeling is adequate. Why spend more on fancy packaging, when you can invest in R&D and product development? Is Zaino fancy packaging? Poorboys? No, but they are widely followed as well. I can easily do without fancy websites or packaging (which drives the product cost up to you), in return for great performing products. I agree some of the descriptions and product uses could use better and more lengthy descriptions on the website, but in reality that could be done at virtually no cost. DG products are pretty simple, and I suppose they figure they don`t need a bunch of technical jargon to sell them.

For enthusiasts that do research...but we`re a tiny part of the "carwash" world. The product just isn`t appealing for the average joe walking down an aisle.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    AW is a fantastick product. It really fits the modern fast paced life style with great results in a very short time for the OTC consumer. Duragloss as a whole could use better marketing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    AW is a fantastick product. It really fits the modern fast paced life style with great results in a very short time for the OTC consumer. Duragloss as a whole could use better marketing.
    Not only marketing, but distribution. I went to two NAPA stores, one had no DG products in stock (I had the guy ship a bottle of FC&S from another store) and they didn`t have AW in their 2005 catalog at all.

The other store had two bottles of the DG shampoo in stock for only $3.99 (same catalog, couldn`t order AW since it wasn`t in his 2005 catalog either).

Went to a Carquest and they had a butt-load of DG products, but they were all fairly expensive, I specifically noticed the AW for ~ $7.75. I couldn`t spend nearly $8 for a small bottle of AW when I just got a gallon of OCW for just over $30.

At least I know for future reference where I can choose from probably 15 - 20 stocked various DG products locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace1
    Went to a Carquest and they had a butt-load of DG products, but they were all fairly expensive, I specifically noticed the AW for ~ $7.75. I couldn`t spend nearly $8 for a small bottle of AW when I just got a gallon of OCW for just over $30.

On the DG website, a gallon is $26, with the 22oz spray at $6 and change.

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace1
    Not only marketing, but distribution. I went to two NAPA stores, one had no DG products in stock (I had the guy ship a bottle of FC&S from another store) and they didn`t have AW in their 2005 catalog at all.

The other store had two bottles of the DG shampoo in stock for only $3.99 (same catalog, couldn`t order AW since it wasn`t in his 2005 catalog either).

At least I know for future reference where I can choose from probably 15 - 20 stocked various DG products locally.

A similar sized OCW bottle is about $13, compared to boutique prices the DG products are a steal.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is strange that that that Carquest is selling it more than the site....the ones here are usally a few cents cheaper...like the gallons of shampoo is 19.55....AW is 6.25....

The sealants and AW I order from the site..to ensure fresh products...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information