Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried NAPA and one Carquest in Austin, Texas and both stores said they never heard of it. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by altez
    I`ve tried NAPA and one Carquest in Austin, Texas and both stores said they never heard of it. :nixweiss

Yeah, I understand this all too well. The CarQuest in my area stocks nearly the complete line, but when I first went in asking for the AW or the #105 polish, they didn`t have a clue that they stocked it right there on the shelf. I asked the guy if they had the new 105 polish, and he didn`t even know what I was talking about. I found it on the end of the the shelf, before he could "look it up in his computer"....

Bottom line, it seems they may not have much of a clue about what they stock, which means you will need to do the digging yourself....
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Next time you go in show them a print out of them listed on the Duragloss site as a supplier. Some of these guy`s who work at these places are just to lazy to check there computers or the manager just doesn`t want to carry it.Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked 2 Carquests and 1 NAPA in my area . The Carquests have all the Duragloss but # 105. The say that its not in there warehouse, and NAPA never heard of Duragloss. Id sure like to try the 105, but I hate the idea of spending $5.00 to ship a $10.00 item.

Post Thanks / Like
    same here. I called several Napa`s and a couple Carquest and they never heard of it. I am not going to drive 10-15 miles to find out that they do not stock it. gas would be more than $5. So I ordered a gallon on line as well as a gallon of the washing solution. Still cost $5 for shipping which is very reasonable compared to some other places.

Cheers

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you people ordering are going to try the Fast Clean & Shine..it is a real nice cleaner QD with added zoomph...it does a great job of cleaning and adding a little protection also...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I did another thread on local availability pertaining to Duragloss. I`ve been informed that the local Carquest stores can`t order it and the local Federated store has gone out of business where I had previously purchased the shampoo. The next closest store is far away and I can`t afford to drive when comparing the $5 shipping deal offered by Duragloss. Also, when you order direct you don`t have concerns about the product having sat for months in a warehouse.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    So could you top say, NXT, with AW?
    O-Obsessive

C-Compulsive

D-Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD Nick
    So could you top say, NXT, with AW?

Yep, shouldn`t raise any huge concerns. If you like NXT, you should give the #105 a shot also. That with the AW is pretty hard to beat, imo.

2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I think I`ll be buying some 105 tomorrow, Carquest had everything but it, but I`ll try NAPA.
    O-Obsessive

C-Compulsive

D-Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Used some AW yesterday, very nice stuff. But, I feel like I`m using too much product. What is everyones method of using it on a dry vehicle?
    O-Obsessive

C-Compulsive

D-Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    In a long sweeping motion, I use 1 trigger pull per panel, i.e. 1 squirt for a fender, 1 spray for 1/2 the hood, 1 spray per door, etc... If I remember correctly, the spray on the bottle head can be used for a concentrated stream or for a a mist spray. I use a mist spray for better coverage per squirt.

Spread the product around with one side of the towel, then wipe dry with the other side (no buffing needed). Should leave a clean, slick, bright, and reflective surface, that gets harder as it cures.

Post Thanks / Like
    What Mike said it right on the money..just 1 spray per panel is enough...plus as the towel gets loaded with AW it will spread further....a little goes a long way...

the sprayer that DG uses is a nice sprayer....better than some sprayers I have gotten with other products..it has a nice mist to it and covers a lot of area with 1 pull...pull and do a sweeping motion and it will cover alot of area...

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioman
    AW needs better labeling and a better website. Their descriptions suck.

Agreed, their labeling looks cheap and unprofessional. They need someone new at their marketing department to rebrand the company and its products to truely reflect what duragloss is about.

AW is just too easy to use. Spray a little on, whipe around, whipe off. Done... no haze..no streaks...just shine It`s hard to believe that it does anything but it does!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    Agreed, their labeling looks cheap and unprofessional. They need someone new at their marketing department to rebrand the company and its products to truely reflect what duragloss is about.

I think their labeling is adequate. Why spend more on fancy packaging, when you can invest in R&D and product development? Is Zaino fancy packaging? Poorboys? No, but they are widely followed as well. I can easily do without fancy websites or packaging (which drives the product cost up to you), in return for great performing products. I agree some of the descriptions and product uses could use better and more lengthy descriptions on the website, but in reality that could be done at virtually no cost. DG products are pretty simple, and I suppose they figure they don`t need a bunch of technical jargon to sell them.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information