Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    www.duragloss.com is the website...not sure of shipping, never ordered from them. Edit: Just tried to order the AW to ship to TN, and the shipping was $4.95...not bad at all.

I`ve ordered a gallon of the AquaWax and the 111 Sealant a couple months ago and like FK they have cheap shipping.

I`m with you Mike, I`ve been using it for 2 months and love it as the final wipe down. I sent out a few sample to people (sorry no more to send ) and am waiting to hear how they like it.

But, I`m not about to touch that whole Duragloss / Zaino topic!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    I`ve ordered a gallon of the AquaWax and the 111 Sealant a couple months ago and like FK they have cheap shipping.

I`m with you Mike, I`ve been using it for 2 months and love it as the final wipe down. I sent out a few sample to people (sorry no more to send ) and am waiting to hear how they like it.

So you would now use this as a final topper vs. 425? ... Is it just as slick? ...and is it an acrlylic like MenZ`s HGAS?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use as a LSP on a clean surface-WOWO. Not sure what type of polymer is used but it has an optically thick look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PINITI-FX
    So you would now use this as a final topper vs. 425? ... Is it just as slick? ...and is it an acrlylic like MenZ`s HGAS?

Again, 425 is a quick detailer, AquaWAX is a WAX - two totally DIFFERENT animals. I have always used a spray as a final topper whether it was Detailers Pride or OCW so using AquaWax is nothing new in that respect. My routine has not changed since the introduction of AquaWax, just the product to use as the final topper for a final wipe down.

As far as slickness (like I stated in my post above), most anything I spray on a waxed or sealed surface is slick (OCW, FX Spray, WAUD, any QD) so slickness is of no use to me as it doesn`t gauge any measure of protection or durability, rather, only pleasing the sensory feel of touching a slick surface. If it matters, it is super slick like a QD, like OCW, like FX Spray, like WAUD, etc...

Application is a WOWO method - as easy as breathing with zero streaks or margin for error. The easisest product to use.

I don`t know if it is acrylic. I know it is not carnauba based. I believe it is polymer based? If that means anything.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m unable to get it locally (CarQuest, NAPA, parts+plus) DG does not have any dist`s/stores stocking it in my area. What is their website? I hope their shipping is $4.95 like FK1 - it seems to be on par with the FK1 products. ~~~ AL-53, ncsu602, SB 92 MX5, TigerMike and others who have used DGAW - I know You say it`s the Greatest You have tried, and is better than OCW - but Have Any of You Directly compared it to FK1 products?
    Today we used both of our vehicles to directly compare Duragloss 901 car wash & 951 AW to FK1 118SC shampoo & 425. Our results showed 118 to be a thinner product however it did a slightly better job at cleaning and left behind a slicker surface. We used DGAW & 425 both as a WAUD product with a W/W M/F and as a topper on a freshly cleaned, dry surface. As a WAUD, they proved similar - as a topper 425 gets the edge. Further topping with FX-100 really pushed the envelope. For those who can get DG locally ... why not? ... for those who have to order, it`s nice to know that both companies are fair with their $4.95 shipping charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    AW needs better labeling and a better website. Their descriptions suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put it on my wifes teal green Astro Van 2 days ago. Last night it rained, and when the van dried it dried clean.This car sits outside 24/7, and it was cleaner after the rain then before.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today we used both of our vehicles to directly compare Duragloss 901 car wash & 951 AW to FK1 118SC shampoo & 425. Our results showed 118 to be a thinner product however it did a slightly better job at cleaning and left behind a slicker surface. We used DGAW & 425 both as a WAUD product with a W/W M/F and as a topper on a freshly cleaned, dry surface. As a WAUD, they proved similar - as a topper 425 gets the edge. Further topping with FX-100 really pushed the envelope. For those who can get DG locally ... why not? ... for those who have to order, it`s nice to know that both companies are fair with their $4.95 shipping charges.

AW should really be compared to FX100. 425 is simply a QD and not in the same league.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still confused. I use FMJ on my truck. I do not want to top it with wax or wax based QD. I am now using HGAS and 425. If AW has any wax or carnauba in it,I will not use it. So, does it or doesn`t it have wax or carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s all polymer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker
    I think it`s all polymer.
    Does your statement mean that it does not contain any kind of wax or carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad to see some hype finally for Duragloss. They make a great product. Their soap is one of the best in OTC land.

I`ll be looking to try the AquaWax soon. I think my local NAPA has it. It seems to be somewhat similar to Z-8 in how it performs (slickness over time, spray on sealant, etc.) but I`m not sure it will work as well as the Z-8 over Zaino applications.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skipperw

Correct...AFAIK, it does not contain any carnauba.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skipperw

all synthetic

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried some AW today after cleaning up my F150. Its super easy to use and for the price it can`t be beat.

It does compare in looks to OCW. I will wait and see how it lasts durability wise.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information