Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NHBFAN
    Is Aquawax as easy to use as OCW?

YES- as easy as any QD or no haze spray wax. WOWO. As far as comparing DAW to FX100-the FX100 is a blended wax whereas the DAW is a full synthetic and the look is probably slightly different.

Post Thanks / Like
    AquaWax is my favorite product, for good reason. Posted about this product a few weeks ago and seemed noone had even heard of it, now it`s getting some deserved attention.

What I like about it, is that it is VERY easy to use, and IMO, leaves protection that OCW can`t touch. My OCW was struggling after 1-2 months. AW is going strong still with very tight beads. And, the AW is very slick and shiny, which actually increases shortly after application. I think this product is very underrated, and deserves much more attention. For a mere $7 at the parts store, I think this stuff beats many other "true" waxes that are OTC.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I`ve never used OCW but some Duragloss AW users prefer it over OCW. From my understanding it is a full synthetic product. Some have compared it to Z8. I`d love to see a Z8, DAW comparison.

I find that the two products (Z8 and AW) have very similar qualities. It was also interesting that they were both "newly" introduced around the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    IMO Duragloss wash is better than Gold Class.

I agree completely. And, better than most other OTC and many "boutique" washes too!
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    The DuraGloss line is very good for OTC...as said the AquaWax is outstanding...to me it is better than the OCW as far as shine slickness and durability...as said in my previous post I did a car in Nov. with the whole Duragloss line...bonding agent...clearcoat polish #111 and some Aquawax once or twice through the winter..and the car still feels smooth and beads like it was just done (almost)...it is like the zaino system ..the products all complement each other..not that it is is zaino at all ..just they all work together...

and ordering from the site is nice and shipping is cheap..if you can`t find it local..

the shampoo is one to beat...I have tried Groits..PB`s...NXT...and a few others...and this is by far the one I found the best..leaves a great shine...sheets off during rinse..leaves the paint slick...very good lube...suds galore...and last..and very easy on the LSP finish..I think they have a great product..wish I found them a few years ago...you`ll never know till you try it and not costing you a lot to do so....

their leather stuff is great also..they make it for King Ranch as I am told...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m unable to get it locally (CarQuest, NAPA, parts+plus) DG does not have any dist`s/stores stocking it in my area. What is their website? I hope their shipping is $4.95 like FK1 - it seems to be on par with the FK1 products. ~~~ AL-53, ncsu602, SB 92 MX5, TigerMike and others who have used DGAW - I know You say it`s the Greatest You have tried, and is better than OCW - but Have Any of You Directly compared it to FK1 products?

Post Thanks / Like
    www.duragloss.com is the website...not sure of shipping, never ordered from them. Edit: Just tried to order the AW to ship to TN, and the shipping was $4.95...not bad at all.

Can`t compare to the FK line, as I have no interest in their products, sorry. Maybe others can help on that one...

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike has given you the web site..the shipping is cheap...shipping for me was 4.95...got 2 bottles of Aquawax...a gallon of shampoo...and some fast clean and shine...good stuff also..it is like PB`s spray and wipe..but better..for me anyways...

Aquawax is not like FK 425..it is a spray sealant per say while 425 is a QD..I got some 425 for my son for his motorcycle..it is nice stuff for a QD...very slick...nice shine but not lasting..it is for a quick fix shine between washes..not as durable as Aquawax...but has a little cleaning ability also while Aquawax does not..both are nice products ..but different

and they ship fast

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like the product to top collinite with. I`m gonna pick up a bottle and give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can Aquawax be used dry on a dry car , or is it used on a wet car like wax as you dry?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it after drying the car, although I have also used it with the car slightly wet after a wash. Point being, I don`t think a little bit of water on the surface will hinder its abilities. In fact, I believe it also says on the bottle that the car can be wet when using. I much prefer a mostly dry surface though. I don`t think of this as an E1 WAUD product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    Can Aquawax be used dry on a dry car , or is it used on a wet car like wax as you dry?

You can use it both ways..I prefer to use it after drying...I spray it on the panel...spread it with a MF applicator...wipe off with a MF towel...

I went out after posting to this thread to try something..I used 425 on my tailgate which was done in Aquawax a few weeks ago..it was still slick and glossy..after the 425 it was really glowing...so they seem to work together nicely..it has been raining here in New England on and off for the last 2 weeks..that is when I put the Aquawax on before the rain..it still looks good and beads great...and slick.. as we have pollen also..

this week when a good day comes..I will wash and put on a coat of Collinite 915 and then aquawax ..see how it looks

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    It can be used on a dry car- WOWO

Post Thanks / Like
    Dry car here...WOWO as other`s have noted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say.. if this stuff has any kind of durability to it, Ill never use Optimum or 425 again and I have almost a full gallon of each

I washed my car with Duragloss`s shampoo today, dried it and used AW a panel at a time like a regular QD and I was absolutely floored at the appearance. Stuff is really easy to use and the finish is remarkable.. cant wait to see what the durability is like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JayC
    I have to say.. if this stuff has any kind of durability to it, Ill never use Optimum or 425 again and I have almost a full gallon of each

I washed my car with Duragloss`s shampoo today, tried it and used AW a panel at a time like a regular QD and I was absolutely floored at the appearance. Stuff is really easy to use and the finish is remarkable.. cant wait to see what the durability is like.

I think you will love the beading (either after wahsing or during a rainstorm), and it will far and away outlast OCW, in my opinion. AW is a true LSP, not just another slightly boosted QD on the market. It may not have the flashiest/sexiest name, but what it does have is exceptional no-BS performance, as you and others have noted. Truly a great product.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information