Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with above thoughts. Used to mix 1 oz of AW with my FC&S as a nice combo for cleaning and sealant. Since I like to QD (tis therapy for me) the AW did start muting and darkening the metallic silver so much it looked almost like dull gray.

So, now I FC&S (the marine 501 version) without the AW and use AW about once a month or so as a topper over some Liquid Souveran (which looks great on metallic flakes by the way).

If you have a gallon of AW fret not; its great to use on glass (makes it incredibly smooth and better than RainX) and on my rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like it, anyone want to trade for a bottle 2/3`s full. I am looking to try another spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    It will work wonderfully on Silver Metallic but you will only need to use it monthly. When used weekly it seems to darken colors slightly and mute the flake after a while. Remember it is a sealant in spite of its name.

Thanks.

I am a little confused though. The quote above makes it sound like *any* sealant would darken the color and slightly mute the metallic flake after a while. I don`t believe that is true. It certainly isn`t true with Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t mean to imply that. It`s simply that, due to the name, some folks don`t realize it is a spray on sealant and use it very often as they would a QD for instance. Less often is better in this case.

As Jason said about once a month will do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Thanks.

I am a little confused though. The quote above makes it sound like *any* sealant would darken the color and slightly mute the metallic flake after a while. I don`t believe that is true. It certainly isn`t true with Zaino.

I was a little surprised that AW darkened and muted metalics. As you stated Zaino doesn`t do that . I also found that CG Blitz nor JW AJT mute metalics either and both are spray sealants. AW is a decent product and priced right, but its not the same as Z8, ZCS or OS nor CG Blitz or AJT for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dogma
    I was a little surprised that AW darkened and muted metalics. As you stated Zaino doesn`t do that . I also found that CG Blitz nor JW AJT mute metalics either and both are spray sealants. AW is a decent product and priced right, but its not the same as Z8, ZCS or OS nor CG Blitz or AJT for that matter.

IMO I think AW mutes metallics when used weekly, I use it monthly and it keeps my scion (silver) slick and shiny. I think it`s a great product at the right price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never noticed any muting, and 2/3`s of my cars are metallics.

Maybe I havent used it often enough.......But I dont use if it often becuase I didnt find alot of use in it for my car care regimen.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont really care if the metallic is muted a little . What I want is dark , rich, deep , color. A friend of mine has old car that was painted a nonmetallic dark blue. When it is waxed up the car looks like a rolling mirror. You can look at the door and shave yourself just like it was a sheet of glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have slight metallic in my paint, and frequent AW apps haven`t muted anything. And, honestly, considering the benefits of the product, I could care less if it did mute even slightly (which I`ve not noticed). I think AW is very comparable to other spray sealants, i.e. Z8, OCW, etc...it holds its own and does so at a fraction of the price and I can get it right down the street. For the very slight incremental benefit that Z8 may add, I personally don`t think is worth the big extra cost between the two. Others may think differently, and that`s perfectly fine, but for me, I`m not gonna spend 3-4x the price of AW for a marginal (at best) improvement in *looks*, and no improvement in durability or protection.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    My Paint is a brite red metalic which is awesome when the right products are applied.

I for one am willing to spend the extra money because I can tell the difference since there is more than a slight difference in my eyes.

I will not use something just because its cheaper if it doesn`t fit my needs.

I have all the DG line incuding AW. I think they are nice OTC products, probably some of the best OTC stuff. IMO AW doesn`t give me the pop that Z8,CS ,AJT,OS or OCW does.

From what I have been reading I am going to try Ultima next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory
    sounds like the product to top collinite with. I`m gonna pick up a bottle and give it a shot.

I waxed my truck with Collinite #845 a week ago and I`ll give AW this weekend (weather permitting)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netspec
    I waxed my truck with Collinite #845 a week ago and I`ll give AW this weekend (weather permitting)

can you let us know if it affects the way t beads or sheets afterwards - positive or negative? Quite tempted by this but dont want to risk reducing the excellent beading/sheeting I get with the 476....

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got Collinite 845 on as my lsp, and Aw after every wash. Got a navy blue with just a little metallic, and haven`t noticed any muting. Just lots of beading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by netspec

Well, I couldn`t ask for a better weekend to see #845 in action! Saturday was just warm enough to wash my truck then apply AW. It rained Sunday but didn`t look at my truck until Monday morning. The beading/sheeting effect was positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    talk about gas prices going up, i was at carquest today and bought another bottle of AW and it was close to $10 with tax (use to be around $7.XX with tax). i think i`m going to buy a gallon next time and save some $`s. oh well... still worth it, i <3 this stuff!

$27.19 for a gallon (best pricing around) from exceldetail :up Duragloss #952 AquaWax 1 Gal. (3 left)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information