Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, first post here. I’ve gleaned a lot of useful info over the past 2 years without really needing to post! I have, however, come across a question that I haven’t been able to answer through searching. I’ve been using PI III RC and MG and was disappointed to hear they were discontinued. There’s still plenty available and I want to stock up within reason before they`re gone. My question has to do with shelf-life of these products. I called 3M and was told they have an indefinite shelf-life if not exposed to extreme temps. Is this accurate? I know many Autopians use these products and may have real-world experience with their shelf-life. Does anyone have any additional contradictory or supporting info? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    W8liftr- A belated Welcome to Autopia!

I`ve stockpiled enough of these products to last me a very long time. I expect the shelf-life to indeed be indefinite. I have other similar products from the `80s that are still fine.

Avoid temperature extremes and make sure the caps are on tight. If you`ve used a lot of the product, either transfer it to a smaller container (less air-space) or at least squeeze the bottle before closing it. And it might not hurt to shake them up from time to time, though I`m not convinced that it`s really necessary.

Oh, and I`ve stockpiled some pre-VOC waxes too. They oughta last forever also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a small stash of these as well--along with EC RC. I don`t know what I will use when they are gone.

I think I can find replacements for the RC and EC RC in other lines, but the MG is going to be difficult.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys, and the welcome, Accumulator. Actually, it was your many postings about the 3M twins that help me tighten up my use of them and I really don`t want to give them up.

It`s good to know they`ll last so now I can increase my stash! :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    w8liftr- Glad to be of assistance. Heh heh, with a user name like yours you oughta visit some of our workout threads at Detailing the Man I`m already thinking about tomorrow being leg day.

ebpcivicsi- You oughta just stock up while you still can. There`s plenty out there now but it won`t last forever. Makes me think I oughta go to my local paint/supply place and buy up all they have...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    w8liftr- Glad to be of assistance. Heh heh, with a user name like yours you oughta visit some of our workout threads at Detailing the Man I`m already thinking about tomorrow being leg day.

Didn`t know about it. I`ll check it out. Yesterday was leg day for me. I`m only going to do it for a month, but I recently started working out with a guy who competes in strongman events for a little extra shock. The pain is sweet today

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by W8liftr
    Didn`t know about it. I`ll check it out. Yesterday was leg day for me. I`m only going to do it for a month, but I recently started working out with a guy who competes in strongman events for a little extra shock. The pain is sweet today

Cool, I`ll look to see you on some of those threads. Your workout partner sounds like he`d be very motivating!

Thread Information