Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    The Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel is just too extremely shiney for my taste. :bolt

The Meguiar`s Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel pic that areaseven posted looks better IMO. How long does the Megs GCEHGT gel last?

I don`t have experience with the High Gloss, but I do use Meg`s High Endurance Matte Tire Gel. Obviously the durability is going to be different as the dressing I use is never as glossy to begin with, but I`ve been able to get 2-3 weeks out of it even with rain. Not the same look but no browning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxpunk2006
    I don`t have experience with the High Gloss, but I do use Meg`s High Endurance Matte Tire Gel. Obviously the durability is going to be different as the dressing I use is never as glossy to begin with, but I`ve been able to get 2-3 weeks out of it even with rain. Not the same look but no browning.
    I just used Meg`s Insane Shine and am pretty damn impressed compared to other high end gels and such I`ve tried. I had it in another order I made from AG, didn`t realize I could grab it at the store. Little shiny/glossier then I would like, but that happens ti be a great look on one of my trucks that`s white with black trim. A quick coating of it gives more of a matte finish when wiped. No slinging, great look and durability....just found my new tire product

Post Thanks / Like
    I got that poduct 3 weeks ago and love, its by far the best and longest lasting I have used and I have used a lot of tire products. The shine IMO is not that bright but it leaves a deep deep dark tire. And its nice because even after using EO A2Z on the tires they still were darn black, its as if it penetrates the rubber and seals the tire. I think that you are really missing out if you dont try this product. If it ever stops being sold I plan to buy a few cases of it.

Also it applied very easy with one of the Viking door knob applicators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris223
    I`ve tried it before... I will not be buying it again. I scrubed my tires with a tire brush using a seperate bucket with a little car wash soap in it and water, then after washing I applied the gel, drove the car later that day and my friend (who likes to use a lot of the products I use on his car) said "Did you forget to apply tire shine or something after washing?" Enough said, I wont be buying it again. Durability is bad imo... 2 days later, your tires will look clean... but not shiny. My search continues for VERY shiny tires... products I`ve tried so far:

Armor All Detailers Adv. Spray Foam

Black Magic Tire Wet Foam

Armor All Extreme Tire Gel

Anyone else wanna give me a suggestion on a tire shine dressing out there that really leaves the tires shiny??
    http://www.autogeek.net/menxtgeinsht.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel...review

Bumping this oldie back up, since Mother`s FX is no longer available, I grabbed another bottle of this stuff. Throw away the provided applicator, make sure you have clean and dry tires, and this stuff is great. Key is to just get enough on the tire to see it is on there, the shine comes as the stuff dries. A $6 bottle will probably do 40 or so cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering WHY someone would "bump" a thread from 2006 (11 years. Really?)
    Anyway, the search for the shiniest tire shine seems counterintuitive, in my view, as new tires were never manufactured that way, nor should the tires on a vehicle be shinier than the paint. I "highly dislike" plastic-looking tires, but again, that`s just me. For others, extreme tire shine is just the way a vehicle should look (to them).
    You just will not win many cars shows Best-In-Show Awards with it (except maybe the Kid`s Choice Award Trophy). Just sayin`......
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Too much shine isn`t my thing, but dull tires take away from the overall look. My preference is the black licorice look. Dark, dark black and a hint of shine.

AA gel delivers on that and it lasts even longer than PERL for me.

I dug up the thread because why start new, some good info in this one, even if this stuff has become lost in the sea of newer but not as good products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Too much shine isn`t my thing, but dull tires take away from the overall look. My preference is the black licorice look. Dark, dark black and a hint of shine.

AA gel delivers on that and it lasts even longer than PERL for me.

I dug up the thread because why start new, some good info in this one, even if this stuff has become lost in the sea of newer but not as good products.
    Hello Dan,

Thank you for the sharing.
    It is good to know Armor All gel lasted.
    However, it seems to be silicone based.
    Does the gel dry to touch or remain sticky?
    Does it brown tires if left to wear out?
    Thanks sir!
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    Hello Dan,

Thank you for the sharing.
    It is good to know Armor All gel lasted.
    However, it seems to be silicone based.
    Does the gel dry to touch or remain sticky?
    Does it brown tires if left to wear out?
    Thanks sir!
    What makes you say it is silicone based? The spray version is according to the sds. The gel doesn`t list silicone.

The gel to me looks very similar to Optibond in physical appearance. Similar to PERL it really soaks into the tire and the shine comes after it dries a bit.

No browning for me. Not sticky, slightly greasy after it dries.

Post Thanks / Like

This is from the description of the Gel--"Improve your tires` overall appearance with Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel. It cleans and prevents dirt and grime from forming on the surface for weeks after application. This no-touch tire shine gel contains a high molecular-weight silicone. This allows it to form a resilient shield around your tires giving them a noticeable shine and rich black look."

So what`s the problem using something silicone based? Product seems to work, lasts and it`s only $6.74 a bottle.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Pwaug, not surprised it contains silicone, most OTC shines do, but it doesn`t feel to be silicone based. I need to try diluting with water to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,

Good to see it is comparable to PERL etc.
    Thanks I will go grab a bottle and try.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    Dan,

Good to see it is comparable to PERL etc.
    Thanks I will go grab a bottle and try.
    Worst case you can take it back if you hate it.

The key with this stuff is less is more. The shine comes as it dries. Apply enough to see it is on the tire evenly and let it do its thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who are searching for suggestions for a matte (AKA,"natural rubber look") tire shine/protectant, please see the thread:
    Suggestions for Matte-Finish Tire Shine Products for Show Vehicles=

OK, OK, I am a tire shine hypocrite!! I`ve been using (past tense, emphasized)Meg`s consumer line tire shine High Endurance because it is available over-the-counter (OTC) and it does last a long time for an OTC product and after it dries in about a day it does loose that initial "wetness" and become more subdued, but still somewhat shiny, but definitely not matte.
    GB detailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information