Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking to try a new sealant carnuba combo on my metalic grey Tundra prepped with FPII and or RMG. I tried to buy Acrylic Jett and Carnuba Jett, but the carnuba is out of stock(anyone know wheni t will be instock?). Any other Werkstatt products I need to try on this order?

I have been hearing alot of FK1 products, but I am confused on which ones to get? I know 425 is a great detail spray, but what other products do I need on this order. I was thinking 2180(i think) and 425. What else?

Thanks

Edit: I know I spelled Werkstatt wrong
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    With Werkstatt I would also get their Arylic Glos and Quick Wash. For FK1 get the Pink Wax and 108 Top Kote and maybe some polish I got the 300.

Post Thanks / Like
    The FK1 ticket seems to be 2180 topped with Pink Wax topped again with FX-100 and maintained with 425. Your polish prior to 2180 if you need it is anyone`s guess. I have not tried FK1`s polishes but I have read that they can be pretty aggressive.

The whole like is supposedly interchangable and even the FX-100 which is a sealant can be used on top of carnauba`s. (Pink Wax contains some carnauba).

I have PW, FX-100 and 425 on the way any day now. I plan on using the Werkstatt stuff in the Fall.

I wanted to try both lines and figured that I can keep layering the Pink Wax and FX-100 all through the Summer and after my Fall polish routine, switch to the Werkstatt line using Prime Strong followed by Acrylic Jett and then add as many layers of Acrylic Trigger as I can before it snows. This may be a plan if I can be patient enough to wait to try the Werkstatt....

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the full monty last weekend.

Swirl removal with Poorboys SSR 2.5

Cleaned the paint with Klasse All in One.

Ditched the Klasse SG into the garbage bin.

Used some Poorboys EXP for the 1st layer. (very nice and easy)

Next day I did a second layer with Acrylic Jett Trigger (this is how Klasse SG should be formulated)

And followed up with Fk 425.

A couple of days later I poped open the new can of KF Pink Wax and I did two layers.

FANTASTIC, very wet looking.

For quick detailing I do FX100 (sealing glaze) and 425 after washes, back to back.

I use FX100 on the wheels with each cleaning (too often).
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang Racingbeat, nice routine! You have all the major players in there and seemingly working well. I have a similar thing happening. Did SSR2.5, AIO, EX-Px2 and gonna hit it with multiple layers of PW and then FX-100 and I will use several QD`s including 425 to maintain while adding layers of PW and FX-100. I`m just missing the Werkstatt for the time being. I used AIO and EX-P on the wheels and will certainly consider adding FX-100.

What do you think of the Pink wax over your previous work??? Were you in any way disappointed to loose the Acrylic Trigger look??? Did the FX-100 improve on the Pink Wax in any way? Any bonding issues with Trigger over EX-P??? Questions,questions...

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    But does anyone prefer one over the other. I think I still may go with Acrylic Jett Trigger/Carnuba Jett. They just look interesting.

I just hope they get some in soon, it is hard to impulse buy stuff when it isnt in stock.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to dedicate my 1000th post to these two brands I love.

I am using Finish Kare and Carlack as well and I must say: these lines are just outstanding!

Both work exquisitely on gray metallics and are durable; so this is really a difficult question! The CL68/LLS aka Prime/AJ combo is absolutely comparable to the 218/1000P. Both combos are quite warm, look liquid and shiny.

Pro Carlack/Jeff`s: work well over any color, wetness, exceptional on white, interesting sub-formulae by Jeff

Con: a bit harder to use than the FKs, some products are a bit redundant

Pro FK: more complete product range - more fine tune, curing-together ability, heavier carnauba blends, true color, wetness, gorgeous overall looks

Con: not all products have the visual immediacy - but after the unique curing cycle they will look killer

The last point: costs. Compare and then decide.

Final word: both are excellent... and this is the wisest thing I can say right now...

Post Thanks / Like
    on that color - 2180 topped with 1000 - also from FK1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hungarian minds clicked together... how the subtle energies working...

Post Thanks / Like
    Trigger is awsome, easy on/off and looks great after you apply. Multiple coats are very easy, wait 30-45min as jeff recommends and your golden
    99 Dodge dakota RT Custom Paint

2005 Crystal Grey Metallic wrx STi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    I`d like to dedicate my 1000th post to these two brands I love.

I am using Finish Kare and Carlack as well and I must say: these lines are just outstanding!

Both work exquisitely on gray metallics and are durable; so this is really a difficult question! The CL68/LLS aka Prime/AJ combo is absolutely comparable to the 218/1000P. Both combos are quite warm, look liquid and shiny.

Pro Carlack/Jeff`s: work well over any color, wetness, exceptional on white, interesting sub-formulae by Jeff

Con: a bit harder to use than the FKs, some products are a bit redundant

Pro FK: more complete product range - more fine tune, curing-together ability, heavier carnauba blends, true color, wetness, gorgeous overall looks

Con: not all products have the visual immediacy - but after the unique curing cycle they will look killer

The last point: costs. Compare and then decide.

Final word: both are excellent... and this is the wisest thing I can say right now...

I feel honored that you used your 1000th post on little ole me. :getdown congrats

Well yall are just makin this decision harder and harder to make. I guess I have some deciding to do.

BTW-would FPII be a good polish to end with under both of these products? I love the look under Zaino, so I would bet it under Jeffs/FK1 would be no different.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    All Menzerna polishes are outstanding and terrific under any product you choose IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EMazda3S
    Dang Racingbeat, nice routine! You have all the major players in there and seemingly working well. I have a similar thing happening. Did SSR2.5, AIO, EX-Px2 and gonna hit it with multiple layers of PW and then FX-100 and I will use several QD`s including 425 to maintain while adding layers of PW and FX-100. I`m just missing the Werkstatt for the time being. I used AIO and EX-P on the wheels and will certainly consider adding FX-100.

What do you think of the Pink wax over your previous work??? Were you in any way disappointed to loose the Acrylic Trigger look??? Did the FX-100 improve on the Pink Wax in any way? Any bonding issues with Trigger over EX-P??? Questions,questions...

Eric

Pink Wax is fantastic. I was working at sundown so I could see the paint looking wetter as I buffed out the wax. I`m still getting over how much product these guys give you. This tin of Pink Wax will last loooong time. Trigger is something I should have been using a loong time ago. The surface was so well prepped that that Trigger bonded and buffed out instantly, did fog up at all, I guess it made friends with EXP straight off.

FX100 didn`t really add to the pink wax but I think its an excellent prouct to seal each layer of wax. I`ll add some more this weekend and follow up with another shot of FX100.

and of course the 425 is the must have final touch. Sooooo slick.

I`m using the Trigger on the wheels now just to get some use out of it because I can`t use it on the paint again until I strip everything off at the end of summer or sooner if the paint gets too murky during track/autocross season.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want looks FPII, RMG, Pin. SOV X 2 or 3, FK100, then FK425 IMHO
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbeat
    Pink Wax is fantastic. I was working at sundown so I could see the paint looking wetter as I buffed out the wax. I`m still getting over how much product these guys give you. This tin of Pink Wax will last loooong time. Trigger is something I should have been using a loong time ago. The surface was so well prepped that that Trigger bonded and buffed out instantly, did fog up at all, I guess it made friends with EXP straight off.

FX100 didn`t really add to the pink wax but I think its an excellent prouct to seal each layer of wax. I`ll add some more this weekend and follow up with another shot of FX100.

and of course the 425 is the must have final touch. Sooooo slick.

I`m using the Trigger on the wheels now just to get some use out of it because I can`t use it on the paint again until I strip everything off at the end of summer or sooner if the paint gets too murky during track/autocross season.

Thanks very much for your impressions!

I can`t wait to slap some Pink Wax on. I plan on consecutive layers of PW and FX-100 over the Summer.

I was just concerned that the FX-100 would detract from the PW`s looks. FK`s website lists the FX-100 as having less gloss and less depth than the PW but after seeing people`s real world opinions, this doesn`t seem to be the case. I`m old school and still think any wax would be the LSP over the sealant but I gotta change my thinking with the FK.

Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information