Post Thanks / Like
    I`m almost done with my spring detail and used Blackfire`s new Wet Diamond Sealant and I have to say that I`m very impressed. By far the wettest looking sealant I`ve ever used (remeber I`m still a N.

Process:

Washed using PB S/S

Clayed using Optima clay bar

Dried with Exceldetail blue WW towel

Swirl removal with SSR 2.5 applied with Exceldetail orange pad

Polish/Glaze VM applied with LC white polishing pad

Sealant New Blackfire wet Diamond Seanlant applied with foam pad

Detail was done outside and in direct sun light.

I`m only going to comment on the Blackfire, just about everyone here has tried the other products I used and there are plenty of reviews for them but if anyone has a question on the other products I`ll be glad to answer.

First of all I have to say that nothing I`ve tried to date spread as well as BF, a nickel size drop was more than enought to do my entire hood plus both front fenders. I waited until BF hazed a bit and then remove with PakShak white Ultra Fine Towels. Removal was amazingly easy. The product came right off with no dusting. The results was a very deep, wet look. I oringinally believed that BF looked like CMW but after a while I noticed that BF gave a much wetter, darker, and deeper look. At $27.00 and considering how far this product spread I feel it`s a great deal. Very easy to use and IMHO one of the best looks I`ve ever seen on black. I`m looking forward to hear comment from the real pros here.

Hood before

Hood after

Side view

another side view

Reflextion shots

My helper and me

and Yes, I know my Kia has the worst OP I`ve ever seen.
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really nice Jay. So you got some BlackFire, glad you enjoyed it and it worked out fine for ya.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is some seriously wet looking paint. I`m surprised. Keep as all posted as to durability and if you use any QDs or spray waxes inbetween.

Former SIer here... moved from Annadale about 6 months ago. Is the NASCAR track still a possibility or did the pols kill it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! It does look extremely wet and reflective. Awesome! You got yourself a great helper there too! My 13yr old now runs the other way when she sees me detailing...

So you didn`t have any problems with Blackfire over VM???

BTW, your shots also bring back great SI memories for me too. Used to visit family there many moons ago.

Great job!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    John, thanks for the thumbs up and yes, so far I eally like it but I`m already thinking about topping it with some PS and seeing how it looks. I can never leave well enough alone LOL

strat81 their still debating the race track, it will more than likely be a while before they decide.

Emazda3S I had no problems with bonding using it over VM, VM is one of my favorite producs to date. Looks good on just about anything. I would imagine that my little helper will running away by that age as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I`m going to top AJ with some carnauba within a month. I have a few new products to try out, but I just might put on another layer of AF, just to get a hang of it, this time I will use a foam pad instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just went out and took a long look at BF after 20 hrs of cure time and have to say that I`m still very happy, it looks a little deeper than I remember from yesterday and seems to have a bit of a shimmer.

As of now BF is my favorite sealant replacing 2180 and CMW. I still have a love for waxes like PS, TS and NB and will conitnue using them.

I`m really not overly concerned about durability since I`m never been able to hold out for more than a week or two before re-waxing/sealant.

MY plan is too add another layer of Blackfire and then, within a couple of weeks, top it with PS and see how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really nice and wet, just going by the pictures, the apprearance reminds me very much of Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read so many good reviews on Blackfire, and this is, by far, the best example of Wet Diamond I`ve seen. Great job, raven.
    2005 FORD MUSTANG V6 DELUXE - "Belldandy"

Windveil Blue Clearcoat Metallic

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Jay, the Sorrento looks great

I`d also like to know how durable it is, NE pollen is killing me now

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnnyDaJackal, the pollen is killing me here too LOL. I will be going out to QD the truck a little later today. I`ll try and check the durability of BF but I`m already thinking of topping it LOL. Hopfully I can hold out for a couple of weeks. I`ll post back and let everyone know how well it holds out.

areaseven - Thnks for the thumbs up.

Scottwax - it does look a bit like E#X but a lot wetter loook, at least to my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks very nice ->I wonder how it looks on blue
    :buffing: ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF BEAUTY :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    If it really is easy off, then that`s a big plus.

I love the old Blackfire`s look and feel, but it could be a pain in the *** to buff. It either smeared or didn`t want to come off at all at times. The way you described it makes it seem similar to Menzerna FMJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    tailwind, removal is extremely easy if you let it dry to a haze. I tried removing a section right after appling (WOWO) and it smeared really bad and was a B....H to remove.

Thread Information