Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in Strauss Auto today and noticed that they had both Mothers FX Spray Wax and Mothers Reflections Spray Wax. Which one do you recommend???

Neither was on sale but I have seen good reviews on both products.

Are these more of an OCW type spray on/wipe off or is more like NXT Booster Spray where you have to wait for it to haze???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only tried the FX spray wax - IMO, its more of a booster wax BUT it wipes on and off like a QD. I have tried it as a standalone and got about 2 weeks of noticeable protection. I use it all the time on my wife`s car because it can be sprayed on a wet car and wiped off when drying (just like EO WAUD). It works just as advertised. thanks for reminding me, I might have to pick up another bottle since our local Pep Boys has it on sale for $5.99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA
    I have only tried the FX spray wax - IMO, its more of a booster wax BUT it wipes on and off like a QD. I have tried it as a standalone and got about 2 weeks of noticeable protection. I use it all the time on my wife`s car because it can be sprayed on a wet car and wiped off when drying (just like EO WAUD). It works just as advertised. thanks for reminding me, I might have to pick up another bottle since our local Pep Boys has it on sale for $5.99.

+1 I love the stuff.

FX is, in application, similar to OCW, while Reflections has to haze like Meg`s NXT Spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnauba look - Reflections

Sealant look - FX

Reflections requires hazing before wiping off. FX is a simple spray and wipe, much easier to use. People complain a bit about the hazing part with the Reflections.

I LOVE the FX. Durability is not great (couple weeks max. outside 24x7) but it sure BLOWS away a QD in the looks department after a wash. I`m blue in the face recommending spray waxes post washing in place of a QD.

I really like EO WAUD too. You can cut it 50/50 with distilled water too.

My new love is the Duragloss Spray Wax that I use after a wash after drying.

I rotate with all the cars I wash between FX, Duragloss and WAUD.

But the Mother`s lineup of spray waxes is top notch. Their new wax lineup in general is top notch.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d recommend the FX over the reflections. I find OCW easier to use, but FX isn`t too bad, and it leaves nice gloss and slickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend reflections over FX. It is almost as shiny, but waaay deeper. Regarding the application, make sure you apply it when the car is barely wet

1) Car is washed, remove excess water with a WW. Do not worry about leaving the surface fully dry. In fact, a little water is key for fast application

2) Apply reflections spray wax to a folde MF, the start applying it. 2 pumps for large panel, one pump for door. Always pump into the MF

3) By the time you have applied to the whole car, it should have already hazed on the roof. Start removing. You are in fact using only 3 pass to dry and wax. FX would take the same 3 passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    I`m blue in the face recommending spray waxes post washing in place of a QD.

You are absolutely right. If the car is just washed, use a spray wax instead of a QD :up :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Alex on this one.

FX is easier to use, but IMO, I love the look of Reflections on any colour. You don`t lose much gloss and gain wonderful depth.

Too me, its the best balanced wax I`ve tried for the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    what does it do for swirl marks?

Post Thanks / Like
    It has slight filling qualities and help diminish them but it won`t make them disappear, like NXT can sometimes do.

Post Thanks / Like
    how do they compare to let`s say Poorboys Spray and Gloss?

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should try out E1 Nano Spray, I like it a lot better than FX Spray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan
    You guys should try out E1 Nano Spray, I like it a lot better than FX Spray.

Used it today after a wash. That`s another winner in my book to go along with the Mother`s spray waxes and WAUD. Thing is, you have to dry the car first. The other products you apply while wet, then dry (except Refelctions). Nano does have swirl hiding abilities. It attracts pollen like a mother, but then so does everything.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    FX is easier to use, but IMO, I love the look of Reflections on any colour. You don`t lose much gloss and gain wonderful depth.

Too me, its the best balanced wax I`ve tried for the price.

TRUE! I`d reformulate the last sentence: To me, it is one of the best balanced waxes I`ve tried for ANY price.

However you can mix both and fine tune the appearance as desired.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Carnauba look - Reflections

Sealant look - FX

Reflections requires hazing before wiping off. FX is a simple spray and wipe, much easier to use. People complain a bit about the hazing part with the Reflections.

I LOVE the FX. Durability is not great (couple weeks max. outside 24x7) but it sure BLOWS away a QD in the looks department after a wash. I`m blue in the face recommending spray waxes post washing in place of a QD.

I really like EO WAUD too. You can cut it 50/50 with distilled water too.

My new love is the Duragloss Spray Wax that I use after a wash after drying.

I rotate with all the cars I wash between FX, Duragloss and WAUD.

But the Mother`s lineup of spray waxes is top notch. Their new wax lineup in general is top notch.

Does the duragloss spray wax have a sealant look or carnauba look? can it be used on a dry surface and does it need to haze?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information