Post Thanks / Like
    McCullogh 1700 PSI with 19` retractable pressure hose. $200 shipped:

It is a paint in the A** wrapping up the hose/wand/extension cord on my Karcher:

The Karcher has been dead reliable, though, and I`ve never heard of McCullogh nor do I know anything about their reliability. Anybody familiar with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m never one to not try new things, however, in this case, stay with what you know.

a Karcher is dead reliable (from my experiance) and having to wrap the cord up at the end is such a small inconveniance when you know that next time it will work flawlessly!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Karcher just kicked the bucket today... 10 months old, used an average of 3 times a week for 3 hours a day... Replaced the wand about 4 months ago... Then the switch broke and it ran all the time, today pressure went down to almost nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want an electric with a 30 foot hose. I have vehicles that are 19 feet long. I hate having to move the powerwasher around.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 50` hose for $50, and a far better wand/trigger for another $30

Never needing to move the pressurewasher has saved me a ton of time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen those in different automotive tool catalogs but haven`t heard any feedback on them other than what I came across when I googled on it (which wasn`t a rave review btw).

In my humble estimate, all electric pressure washers < $200 or so are a crap shoot at best. I just rebuilt the pump on my Karcher and the only metal in these is the motor. Every other single part is plastic or rubber. They are simply not designed to provide years or trouble free service. Some people do get a lot of mileage out of them and some don`t. Again it`s a crap shoot.

One thing about the Karcher`s is that parts are readily available and they are not hard to repair (well to me anyway cuz I rebuild carbs).

One thing I have learned (from talking to guys who work in the shops that repair these machines) is that the Karcher 5.20M is the most reliable low end electric pressure washer they make. Why? Cause the pump is made from Aluminum and not plastic. The kick here is they are not sold at the big box stores and cost a little over $200.00

MorBiD

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently the receipt still exists for mine, so we`ll see if Costco will give me a new one or a refund after 10 months :lock:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyDetailing
    Apparently the receipt still exists for mine, so we`ll see if Costco will give me a new one or a refund after 10 months :lock:

Costco would likely give you a new one or a refund after 10 years.

Thread Information