Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my god, this stuff is $70 for the paste wax? Is this the stuff that everyone raves about or the liquid version? Is there that much difference? I`m looking for the best shine/pop, deepest, wettest look possible on my black Miata. I`ve already invested in a slew of polishes, Klasse twins, Menzurna twins, microfiber this and that, might as well get the best was possible. Is it worth it?

Also, I have the S100 wax and it`s nice, will I notice that much of a difference if I get the $70 Souveran?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Given it is an incredible wax, but in all honesty the real work comes from prep not the LSP. I love the look of EX and Nattys Blue on black. Extremely wet look

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, I don`t think so. Souveran is awesome, and I have it, but I also have P21S (S100) and it`s *very* close.

The paste version is the one everyone is always talking about. The liquid version is for light colored cars.

Regardless, I would polish and seal with the Klasse twins, and then make it deeper and wetter looking by adding the paste wax of your choice. They all look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Beason said, prep is everything!

Turtle Wax will look great over a flawlessly prepped surface. That being said, Souveran is a great wax. However, P21s(or its sister s100) will give you 9/10ths everything Souveran will, for only around $13. Is that how much it costs now??

Like JDookie suggested, get your paint swirl-free, use the Klasse twins, and then top with s100. If you aren`t satiated by that, then just maybe Souveran will be worth the admission price for you!

Good luck!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnauba Moose and Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba come close enough in appearance for most people. However, Souveran does have a pretty incredible look and one jar is more then enough for 50 applications.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don`t think Souveran is worth $70, but it does look very good, and is very easy to apply and remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used it, and at that price, I never will.............
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    I have never used it, and at that price, I never will.............

I just ordered some today... I`ll let you borrow it when you borrow the rotary!

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShineBoy
    I just ordered some today... I`ll let you borrow it when you borrow the rotary!

James

There you go Patrick. True Autopian generosity!!!

MasterShineBoy

I have tested Souveran, P21S and FK Pink Wax. On a well prep black finish they all appear the same. All wonderful carnuaba-based products. Slight edge to FKPW - price verses final appearance results.

With that stated, one must at least once experience the Souveran Zone. :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    When you first open the jar and take a slight wiff of the scent you will deem it more then a worthwhile investment!!

I use it my self and just opening the tub makes all the work before it that much worth while.

Hell I wash the car just so I have a reason to use it hehehe!

Post Thanks / Like
    It goes on sale sometimes but it is still sky high. I echo what the others have said: go S100. IMO, you`re paying all that extra cash for your garage to smell like boutique suntan lotion.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Souveran is worth it on flat black and red. On metallics, or other darker colors, I think most people are better off with the cheaper Pinnacle Signature Series II which is fantastic, or Natty`s Blue. DP Max Wax is also a worthy substitute for Souveran from what I`ve read and it`s pretty cheap as well.

The best bang for the buck carnauba I`ve tried is S100. It gives bright crisp reflections, is cost effective, and can be bought locally at most motorcycle shops (not just Harley-Davidson, either). If I had to have just one carnauba, it woould probably be Sig II.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d rather buy all three Victoria Waxes instead and take three different whiffs...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen Souveran go for pretty cheap, less than half price before at Autogeek. I`d wait for it to go on sale and pick up a jar of it then, and use one of the other cheaper carnaubas listed here to tide you over until then.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Soveran personally! I think there is a difference between it and most others, although in pics Nattys blue comes real close (I havent used NAtty personally yet). Ther is a different look, a glow that Soveran has that even S100 doesnt (IMO). I say its worth the price, espeically if you find it on sale, and it will go al LONG way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information