Post Thanks / Like
    I read a thread the other day about how someone from Meguiars preferred to apply NXT wax with a PC and a light polishing pad (maybe a white pad?) rather than a finishing pad. Been searching all morning for that thread again (here as well as at MOL) but I can`t seem to find it. Anyone know what the reasoning behind using a polishing pad would be? swirl removal or what?

:nervous:

I`m probably going to be doing a quick wash and wax for a friend who won`t want to take the time to polish everything and was hoping maybe NXT on a white pad might remove a few swirls while leaving some protection.

Thanks

- Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it will remove swirls, but it will hide some.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been doing the same thing lately...white polishing pad..but I`ve been using Mother`s Reflections. I like it alot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you noticed anything happening with the swirls/defects or is the application just easier?

Post Thanks / Like
    It wont` fix any defects, it will just fill them in so you can`t see them. If you just want a quickie "that looks good" wash and wax, then I`d apply some NXT with a PC. For one thing it`s a pretty fast applicaiton with a PC. A PC also helps apply the layer really thin so it`s easy to remove.

NXT is so mild that the only thing doing the actual work is the pad. The NXT would merely be a "lubricant". It won`t be a bad solution for you if your buddy doesn;t want to hang around too long. It might last him a couple weeks depending on the weather and if washes it much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chpsk8
    It wont` fix any defects, it will just fill them in so you can`t see them. If you just want a quickie "that looks good" wash and wax, then I`d apply some NXT with a PC. For one thing it`s a pretty fast applicaiton with a PC. A PC also helps apply the layer really thin so it`s easy to remove.

NXT is so mild that the only thing doing the actual work is the pad. The NXT would merely be a "lubricant". It won`t be a bad solution for you if your buddy doesn;t want to hang around too long. It might last him a couple weeks depending on the weather and if washes it much.
    Beautiful, that`s exactly what I wanted to know. A quickie "that looks good" is exactly what they are looking for. Hopefully I`ll be able to try out an NXT coat with a polishing pad, then do the interior and finish with another NXT coat using a finishing pad (just for even coverage), but it will mostly depend on how much time they want to put in to it.

Thread Information