Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This Saturday I had the chance to finally proper clean my car since last July, and I had to do it under Sun light (not to strong tho).

It had been kept with a lot of products and toped with P21S CW, (still beading after almost 3 months), but a swirls build up was showing, mostly from washing/drying (?).

So, I QEW`d it and decided to go thru CK route cause of the Sun. I started with a section under light where those swirls were visible, and, after one pass w/ VMWHG by hand they didn`t show anymore (fillers??), anyway, the shine was incredible and so was the slickness, but the ease of use was on tops! Like apply, dust off.

As I finished the all car, I decided to try the new CK Carnauba Wax on the roof and it was as easy to use as the VMWHG, tho it dried almost immediately cause of the Sun, it was the easiest to remove, and it`s clarity and shine... I must tell you, one of the best .

I then decided to go thru the all car w/ it and then I used QS. Glad I did, it looks great again!

The problem is this was done during the morning and we went to have lunch at the seaside, to eat sea food, and I parked close to the beach. The wind and sea air dusted my car so much I`m afraid to QD it :scared

Post Thanks / Like
    Dust it off, then QD it! Sorry, but if you got to spend the day at the beach, I`m not going to be sympathetic...but I sure am jealous!

I also really like the VM/CMW combo, but I`m itching to use Meguiars Hand Polish as a middle step to see how it turns out.

This is a Mountaineer I used the VM/CMW combo on. I think it turned out pretty damn good!

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Dust it off, then QD it! Sorry, but if you got to spend the day at the beach, I`m not going to be sympathetic...but I sure am jealous!

I also really like the VM/CMW combo, but I`m itching to use Meguiars Hand Polish as a middle step to see how it turns out.

This is a Mountaineer I used the VM/CMW combo on. I think it turned out pretty damn good!

What Meguiars Hand Polish would you recommend as a middle step between WM & CMW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by luvthong

What Meguiars Hand Polish would you recommend as a middle step between WM & CMW?

Scott means #81 Hand Polish, which is basically like #7, but from the bodyshop series.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax you are, without a doubt, da man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just FYI, today, I washed a Civic that I had waxed with the VM/CMW combo on July 11th, and it was still beading very well and still had a nice sheen. The paint didn`t feel `just waxed` slick obviously but it was still smooth and felt somewhat slick when gliding an mf towel over it.

I waxed his Cadillac today (he usually calls me very 6 weeks to have one car washed and the other waxed but he and his wife had been doing a lot of traveling the past few months) and I had used Final Polish (a polymer) and S100 on that on April 29th and it was also still beading!

Anyway, he wants me back out in early November to wax the Civic so I will check on the beading of the VM/CMW combo again to see how it is holding up.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to try out the VM HG and MW combo now :bounce

Just wish I could afford it! Still got tons of S100, Blitz etc

Post Thanks / Like
    ... I must admit that clean Mountaineers are surprisingly sharp-looking SUVs, especially coming from Ford.

:up

I waxed his Cadillac today (he usually calls me very 6 weeks to have one car washed and the other waxed but he and his wife had been doing a lot of traveling the past few months) and I had used Final Polish (a polymer) and S100 on that on April 29th and it was also still beading!
    So this was a wash with a regular hose and not QEW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

... I must admit that clean Mountaineers are surprisingly sharp-looking SUVs, especially coming from Ford.

:up

I agree! Very nice and classy looking SUV. Real good fit and finish too.

So this was a wash with a regular hose and not QEW?

No, it was QEW and the mixture was beading up nicely still. When the wax is dead, QEW just lays there on the paint and it is a real pain to dry. Final Polish does bead for a long time, but optics do start taking a slight hit about the 4th month on black paint. On the Cadillac, he thought I had already waxed it after I just had washed it. Of course, once I did polish and wax it, he could see the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NickATRvtec

I really want to try out the VM HG and MW combo now :bounce

Just wish I could afford it! Still got tons of S100, Blitz etc

Has anyone try this yet? Does the HG add more shine to the finish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and Yes

The VM HG does just set up the CMW nicely. Although I`ve found that once used you don`t need to apply the VM HG every time..... Maybe just once a month or every two months to re-establish a good `base` for the CMW.

Definately my fave combo at the mo.....

Cheers .

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the CK carnuba is more durable than S100. Is that accurate?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NHBFAN

Sounds like the CK carnuba is more durable than S100. Is that accurate?

Seems about the same to me, 3 months of beading, maybe a few weeks more. I must point out however, that the Dallas area is wax friendly, no acid rain or industrial fallout. With Final Polish as a base, I`m getting 4 1/2 months plus of beading with S100. Haven`t tried CMW on top of Final Polish though because I ran out of it and haven`t reordered yet.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by luvthong

Has anyone try this yet? Does the HG add more shine to the finish?

So what was this thread all about??? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like

Seems about the same to me, 3 months of beading, maybe a few weeks more. I must point out however, that the Dallas area is wax friendly, no acid rain or industrial fallout. With Final Polish as a base, I`m getting 4 1/2 months plus of beading with S100. Haven`t tried CMW on top of Final Polish though because I ran out of it and haven`t reordered yet.

Can you top with CMW? I`m going to try some EX and would like to top it with CMW but doesn`t it have solvents (being it`s liquid) that will strip off the EX?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information