Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. So Im a newbie and after coming to this web site I got the following stuff:

-Rigid Vac 5Hp/Gal

-Simple Green APC

-Woolite

-Brushes

-Excel WW Drying Towels

-Vroom 2-pack MF towels

-Claymagic Clay bar

-Stoner invisible Glass

-OCW

-ONR

-Poorboys S&G

Poorbuys Suds car wash...

I dont plan on getting a PC because I have a silver car and just bought an Audio system so no $$ right now.

Now I would like to use the 2-bucket method. Thing is. I need a bucket that has the measuring marks so that I can add the appropriate amount of the car wash ratio. Also I would like the other bucket to have a grit guard. Can any1 recommend two buckets for me please. Im looking to spend about $10 per. Nothing too fancy. If I can get some OTC that would be great. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do two things. Most restaurants have 5 gallon buckets that they put most food products in. You can ask them for the buckets and you get free buckets. YOu can buy 5 gallon ones at Pepboys for like 9 bucks. THe grit guard is like 20 dollars or so. I have a silver car as well and use 2 buckets without the grit guard. Good rinsing in the dirty one has pretty much enabled me to not need the guard at this time. As far as measurements on the side, you can do them yourself but i dont think there needs to be an EXACT measurement of the soap.
    2006 Mercedes c230 Sport Edition

Firm believer in the two bucket method.

Waiting to get a PC and Kick it up a notch :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Im not really good with measurements though. And I really dont feel comfy asking a restaurant for a bucket. And di you mean that only the grit guard is $20??? There has got to be something cheaper out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Err.....im sorry i meant the grit guard is $9.99. Like i said you can buy some 5 gallon buckets at Pep Boys or Autozone and that should run you under 15 per bucket.
    2006 Mercedes c230 Sport Edition

Firm believer in the two bucket method.

Waiting to get a PC and Kick it up a notch :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up this bucket from The Container Store a while back and have been happy with it...

container store bucket

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a couple buckets from Wal Mart. Blue with a metal handle for around $4 I think (it was a while ago). Anyways, they have measurements on the inside of them.
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Post Thanks / Like
    Erm, uhm,

buy 2 cheap buckets from any place. Take an old, empty milk gallon fill with water. Pour in bucket. Mark with Sharpie. Repeat until bucket is full.

Find an old grate from a 4 foot flourescent lite socket. You know the kind, most commercial drop ceiling lights that have a multi-square grate cover that helps to refract light from the 4 foot flourescent bulbs. Cut to make fit in bucket(s).

Total bill is about $8 and you`ll have two quality wash buckets with grit guard.

:bolt
    1986 Porsche 951 Arena Red

2003 Honda Accord EX-V6 Satin Silver

2003 Honda Odyssey EXL-DVD Starlight Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Home depot has buckets for $4

Post Thanks / Like
    I think some people make detailing harder than it needs to be. Go to walmart get some $2 buckets and pour alittle soap in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone correct me if I`m wrong on the price here, but I believe the buckets with grit guards in the auto section at Target are about $10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by velobard
    Someone correct me if I`m wrong on the price here, but I believe the buckets with grit guards in the auto section at Target are about $10.

:cooleek: that`s a good deal. I went to autozone several years ago and was buying all kinds of stuff. when i was paying I was like, nice logo buckets. how much for two. the guys said that as long as I could pick two up (apparently they were all stuck together) they`d be free. i got them unstuck and ended up with some nice freebies. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ellssuu
    ...Find an old grate from a 4 foot flourescent lite socket. You know the kind, most commercial drop ceiling lights that have a multi-square grate cover that helps to refract light from the 4 foot flourescent bulbs. Cut to make fit in bucket(s)...
    I`ve done that but I wouldn`t recommend it. Too much work and not a good enough end product.

Real Grit Guards are cheap and very rugged, definitely worth the small investment.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased two 5 gallon buckets from Lowes for $5 each and then I got two Grit Guard for $7.95 each at http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Wa...or%20Guard.htm. They also have the cheapest price I have seen on Megs Wheel Brightener. Can`t wait for them to come in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the 5 gallon paint buckets at home depot. I`ve been using them for years. They clean up well and nothing sticks to them. Very durable. You can measure water, pour it in and mark off with a Sharpie.

Home Depot also sells that blue, rectangular, 8 gallon bucket that is marked like you want off all the way up to 6 gallons. But it is $19.99.

If you want Grit Guards, the cheapes place is US Plastics. I bought two from there for $7 each.

You can buy your buckets there too without the lids.

Buckets (exactly what is at Home Depot for $5):

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...duct%5Fid=9715

or

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=26588

Grit Guard:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=25277
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thanks guys. So where exactly can I get these grit guards? I went to pep boys today and home depot, and niether store had any grit guards. I dont want to buy a bucket and then not have it fit.

Thanks everyone. I just want to do this once... The right way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information