Post Thanks / Like
    ok I am going to repolish my truck because I put some light scratches in it and I skipped a step last time due to being short on time....

what should I do....menzerna or meguiars....

here is the process....

menzerna intensive polish

menzerna finishing polish 2

meguiars nxt wax

pinnacle souveran x 2

or

meguiars #83

meguiars #80

meguiars nxt

pinnacle souveran x 2

also have meguiars gold class liquid wax if you think I should do that instead of nxt....

need quick recommendation....I did the 83 and pinnacle and nxt (in that order...switched i know) and was pleased, but then I had a lot of water spots I wanted to remove so I took them out with some #66 quick detailer meguiars wax and I think it might have took out some of the shine from the souveran previously layed on....so that is why I am going to repolish it up....but I was wondering if I should use menzerna or meguiars.....any real differences???

oh yeah its on a darker blue toyota tundra with a little metallic flake in the paint.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Either will work. You do know that it is recommended to have at least 12 hours between coats of NXT AND Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long ago was the last time? I assume you skipped your finishing polish?

Like SD said, no major difference in the finalized result, maybe just different working characteristics as you polish. Some have said, that Menzerna works better with a rotary. I haven`t used it with a PC.

If the scratches are all you have, and the rest of the paint has minor swirling, I`d just use the IP or 83 on the scratches, and then do the final polish over the whole car.

Now if you really want to make that toyota blue flake pop. Skip the NXT. Glaze it with #7 (IIRC you have mostly megs) or RMG, top it with 2 or 3 coats of Souveran (spit shine with Crystal Mist or cold water). And bam! I`ve never seen the blue so vivid before.

Sure it`ll last only a month, but man does it make you want to swim in it everytime you look at it. And you`re a pro detailer, so you have the means to spoil yourself. Plus adding a coat of Souveran is one of the greatest feelings in the world as a detailer. A pleasure to work with and a pleasure to behold.
    Don

Equilibrium Engineering Detailing Services

Post Thanks / Like
    alright well I started with megs #83....and that is as far as I got....problem is now I dont have a place to finish polishing and waxing it until the rain stops in a couple of days supposedly....and thought on what should happen to my paint, or what I should do to it once it stops raining to make sure i didnt just waste my time?....still need to hit it with #80, nxt, and souveran x2....

Thread Information