Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a significant difference in results when applying RMG by PC compared to applying by hand? The few pads I have I`d like to reserve for polishing, if possible. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I think RMG is easier to use by PC. Use a finishing pad and do 2-3 passes with the speed on around 4 and RMG seems to melt into the paint. Very little to buff off.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Scott. Applying by PC is easier, and faster. You`ll be able to get a nice thin even layer down and it will be easy to remove by hand.

I dedicate one pad to polishes, and I wash it out at the end of every detailing day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use the PC. When used by hand, you really have to use

lot of product.

Post Thanks / Like
    RMG on a new red car?

Not to thread jack, but I`ll be doning a 2006 Red Corvette in the next few weeks, It will have never been waxed before. It will be in the garage with a cover most of the time. Can I slap a coat of Souveran on it and call it a day, or should I add light claying and RMG to the mix. It should be swirl free, but the dealer put some minor scratches that they will try to correct. I don`t have control over that part. I think the idea is, that if they can`t fix the scratches, then at least the owner has a course of action. If I were to try, then I think they would not offer much help if they were not removable.

Would RMG add to the look under souverean?

Thanks,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely...I used RMG under natty blue and "ka-pow", paint popped like nothing else. Then, a couple days later, I topped it with fk1 pink wax....and I have to tell you, I`m beginning to like the FK line alot more these days. Thumbs up to pink wax and their spray detailer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    RMG on a new red car?

Not to thread jack, but I`ll be doning a 2006 Red Corvette in the next few weeks, It will have never been waxed before. It will be in the garage with a cover most of the time. Can I slap a coat of Souveran on it and call it a day, or should I add light claying and RMG to the mix. It should be swirl free, but the dealer put some minor scratches that they will try to correct. I don`t have control over that part. I think the idea is, that if they can`t fix the scratches, then at least the owner has a course of action. If I were to try, then I think they would not offer much help if they were not removable.

Would RMG add to the look under souverean?

Thanks,

Steve
    If you want to do it right and get a nice glow, you might do what I do to my TR Corvette. If the car has never been clayed, then you need to clay it even if it`s new. Then, if you`re satisfied with the paint and can live with the swirls, apply a coat of RMG, then the Souveran. Wear your sunglasses when you wipe that final application of Souveran, you`re going to need them :xyxthumbs ............Tom
    cor·vette : [ kôr-vt ]n. 1. A fast, lightly armed warship, smaller than a destroyer, often armed for antisubmarine operations.

Post Thanks / Like
    RMG under any carnauba adds depth and warmth to the finish.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information